Complaint Review: NTTA - North Texas Tollway Authority

• Reported By: Irving Texas
  • NTTA - North Texas Tollway Authority
    PO Box 260928
    Plano, Texas

NTTA - North Texas Tollway Authority NTTA - NO FIRST BILL CHARGED LATE CHARGES Plano Texas

I used the tollway September '07 and received my first bill for it at the end of December '08 over a year later. I was surprised they were sending me a late notice and called to request the late charge be removed. This is where I ran into a brick wall.

I was told they had sent the first bill in Nov '07 and when I told them I never got it they did not seem to care and they got very defensive with me. I asked to speak to a Manger and was told one would call me back. 6 different employees later I never got the call from the Manager even after I was promised he would call twice. It was not a big amount and I could of easily overlooked it but I've never had a problem receiving my mail and didn't feel I should pay the additional charge since the first bill never reached me. These people don't care no matter how small the amount of the charge is. They told me "We sent the notice and used our postage so the charge will stand." I had no alternative but to pay the amount since they were going to assess an additional $25.00 fee if the bill was not paid by the due date.

It makes me wonder how many people they have done this to. You have to figure in the the people that have tried to fight it but lost like me and then the other people who see it's a few dollars more and just pay it. I've never dealt with a company that was so adamant and unwilling to understand. I guess you have to believe them when they tell you they sent the bill.

Jonindal
Irving, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/10/2009 11:14 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/ntta-north-texas-tollway-authority/plano-texas-75244/ntta-north-texas-tollway-authority-ntta-no-first-bill-charged-late-charges-plano-texas-410461. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content