Complaint Review: Nu Wave Induction/Healthware, Inc.

• Submitted: Fri, November 16, 2012
  • Updated: Fri, December 07, 2012
  • Reported By: Biff Ellis — Daytona Beach Florida United States of America
  • Nu Wave Induction/Healthware, Inc.

Libertyville, Illinois
    United States of America

Nu Wave Induction/Healthware, Inc. Rips YOu off on shipping and handling Libertyville, Illinois

*Consumer Comment: I GOT SUCKED IN TO THE NUWAVE INDUCTION RIPOFF TOO!!

Nu Wave Cook Top sucked me in with their promises of "2 for 1" for the cook tops and then "free" cookware they call "Pic Cooking Packages".  There is nothing "free" about this deal.  You have to give your credit card info before you find out the true costs of the items.  I ended up with two cook tops for $160.00 with nothing free at all.  They charge more to ship the second cooktop than the first even though its shipped in the same box.  I didn't realize I wasn't getting the cookware unless I paid almost $300.00 for the whole shippiing and handling package.  Now if I want to return the cooktops, unopned and unused, because they aren't giving me the "PIC cookware" all I get back is my $99.00.  They keep $60.00 for the shipping and handling (as a reward for deceptive advertising).  VERY shady advertising.  Basically this product is not worth the money and the advertising is deceptive.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/16/2012 10:56 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/nu-wave-inductionhealthware-inc/libertyville-illinois-60048/nu-wave-inductionhealthware-inc-rips-you-off-on-shipping-and-handling-libertyville-il-970174. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

I GOT SUCKED IN TO THE NUWAVE INDUCTION RIPOFF TOO!!

AUTHOR: Tammy - (U.S.A.)

NUWAVE INDUCTION AKA PRECISION COOKTOP!!!

They tell you if you not happy with the product you can get a complete refund after 90 days...  Sure you can, they charge you $129.85 in just shipping & handling charges plus the $99 for the product...  Talk about a RIP-OFF this should be totally illegal what they are doing...  So don't plan on getting a refund of nothing from them because it's not happening...  One of the induction units didn't work, I called (11/27/2012) they were suppose to send a new one, nothing....  I called a again(12/6/2012) they were to expedite a new unit to me immediately....  I get a call (12/7/2012) a women asking me questions about the unit, now I'm getting upset at this point and she's getting nasty because she knows I'm upset...  Not worth the aggravation....  This is their customer service person...  This experience has been a complete nightmare, it's not worth the product..  Also the induction stove is made of cheap plastic so don't expect that to last a long time either...  Their pots seem to be okay definitely not the top of the line but they work...

Address PRECISION INDUCTION COOKTOP, 1755 N. BUTTERFIELD ROAD, LIBERTYVILLE, ILLINOIS 60048, web address www.precisioncooktop.com..

Good luck to those who purchase this junk..