Complaint Review: Nuavive derm

• Reported By: Frustrated Grandma — Atlanta Georgia USA
  • Nuavive derm

Internet
    USA

Nuavive derm False advertising Internet **Author of this Report is NOT CONFIRMED**

I kept receiving pop up advertising from Nauvive derm with the Shark sponsoring the program for a "short period" of time, or free samples, just pay shipping.  The shipping charge on the Nuavive Anti Aging Trial was $4.95 and on the Nuavive Eye Cream Trial was $5.95.  I didn't have the items in my hand a week, before my credit card popped up stating that I owed $194.94 as opposed to $10.90 shipping and I had a zero balance prior to ordering this free sample. Needless to say, I was surprised and called the credit card company, which stated it was a free trial and I had to cancel before they shipped the order.  I called Nuavive derm and spoke with a representative, who stated that I had signed up for the free trial when I ordered it cream/serum. I told her, "I do not want a subscription, so cancel the order and I have only received the free samples." She provided me with cancellation numbers for each item and stated, "You will receive a refund in 4 weeks," after I refused to accept each of her price reductions.

After 50 days of waiting, I sent an email with the cancellation numbers and was told to contact Customer Service directly.  I called and the representative proceeded to tell me that I did not cancel before the items were billed full price to my account.  I informed her that I never received any type of notice, I was not aware of the price until billed.  She proceed to inform me that the online screen would not allow me to proceed until I clicked the button stating, "I am over the age of 18."  I informed her that I did not click any button and the the computer automatically went to the bill site once I clicked the free sample.  I knew there was no sense in arguing with her given that if the "fine print" had been available, I wouldn't have ordered the cream/serum.

After going back and looking over the transactions, I ordered on June 15, 2017 at 3:01 pm and the full price was placed on my credit card on June 30, 2017.  The cream/serum did not arrive to my house till the weekend of June 24th and June 25th.  Even if there were a 30 day trial period or 14 day trial period before being billed full price, I never received the 14 days to test the product and determine if I wanted to keep it. To me that is false advertising and the only reason I tried it in the first place was because I watch "Shark" and was willing to take a chance, given some of the items seem interesting, useful and reasonably priced.  There is no way, I would have even done the free trial if I knew the regular price for 30 days was $189.04 without shipping.  Most middle class seniors can't afford a $200 cut out of their social security/pension. I pride myself on reading the fine print, and I am very frustated that I got ripped off!  This is why I am warning others, because too much false advertising is going on today and samples are samples any more!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/31/2017 08:43 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/nuavive-derm/internet/nuavive-derm-false-advertising-internetnbspauthor-of-this-report-is-not-confirmed-1396974. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content