Complaint Review: NuWave

• Reported By: Kimberly — Imperial Beach California
  • NuWave

Nationwide
    USA

NuWave NuWave products inferior and do not work as represented in their commercials Libertyville IL

We bought everything from the commercial with the BOGO offer so I wanted to make sure that people know that the product is not very good quality. The skillets were presented as non-stick with a hardness of 9 (10 being a diamond) -- Not true on both points. The coating was easily scratched so we no longer use any metal with the pans (one small scratch from slicing into chicken to make sure it was done proved to be our indicator -- not so tough and the chicken never cooked thoroughly). The non-stick coating -- just is not true. These skillets/pans are very difficult to clean - very difficult. I've asked the company if there is a special cleaner we should try as we have oil build up and fear using any type of scrubbing device like steel wool which is what I use on my Signature Series cookware from Costco. I've received no direction or information on how to safely clean these so they are just sitting off to the side in our kitchen. [continued below]....

..... Further, the cook tops do not come up to proper temperature for frying -- Beware!!! I tried both of the cook tops and my chicken continually came out raw. I pulled out a kitchen thermometer and although the system was reading 425 the oil never got over 250 on the kitchen thermometer. Scary!!! Our counters and stove tops are completely level and we were not receiving any error codes to indicate there was a problem. We contacted the company last year for replacements -- never resolved. So disappointed in the NuWave company and our purchase. I don't usually write reviews but thought people should know -- the products are NOT what is presented on the commercials. ):

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/31/2014 02:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/nuwave/nationwide/nuwave-nuwave-products-inferior-and-do-not-work-as-represented-in-their-commercials-liber-1166473. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content