Complaint Review: NWI Urgent Care Munster, Indiana

8135 Calumet Ave
    Munster, Indiana
    USA

NWI Urgent Care Munster, Indiana Total Ripoff Munster Indiana

I visited these people because my regular doctor was out of town and his office staff recommended them.  It was a Saturday in February 2017.  I had a bad abcess on my leg which needed aspiration and antibiotics.   I arrived, signed in, and then sat in their waiting room for over 3 hours.  I was finally ushered into the examination room where once again I sat for another 10-15 minutes.   When the practioner finally arrived, she sat down across the room and asked what was going on.  I rolled up my pants leg to show the large lump on my tibia and explained that I had been injured in a motorcycle accident almost two years previous and was infected with MRSA during surgical repair.

She never moved from her chair.  Then she said, "that could be life threatening, you need to go to E.R".  That was it.  She never examined it in any way, nor rose from her chair;  in fact the closest she came to me was a distance of at least six feet!  That was it, she did nothing!!   I left,  went home,  aspirated the lesion, apllied some topical antibiotic, and it was back to normal in two days!   Then, two weeks later, I received a bill for $234.00!  I called,  protested they had done nothing and demanded adjustment.  They refused,  and now  have collectors calling and threatening my credit.  I told them I would see them in claims court!!

Being ripped off is one thing,  but being ripped off with incompetant arrogance is quite another.  Avoid these people like the proverbial plague

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/05/2017 01:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/nwi-urgent-care-munster-indiana/munster-indiana-46321/nwi-urgent-care-munster-indiana-total-ripoff-munster-indiana-1383321. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content