Complaint Review: OAN - LAURENTEL

• OAN - LAURENTEL
    LAURENTEL.COM
    Nationwide

OAN - LAURENTEL FRAUDELANT CHARGES BILLED THOUGH ATT INTERNET

I had been receiving paperless bills for ATT phone service for sometime now. And I received a paper bill recently and was confused about an added page. "Who the heck is OAN, and Laurentel?" I thought to myself. So I did a little research. Seeing how many people get scammed by this company is alarming. I intially tried calling them on some of the numbers I saw in other reports here. All those led me to the full voicemail boxes.

I then called the number included with my bill, while I was on the phone with ATT. I actually got through to a rep named Michelle. She said that the charges were signed up for by my wife, and the verification for the sign up was sent to my wife's unused for more than a year email address. I protested and advised I wanted a full refund for all of the months I had been charged for ( a total of 7. Remember I was using paperless billing.) to which she said she could only authorize 3 months. I continued to push. She put me on hold and came back saying her supervisor could authorize another two months. I pushed again, and she came back saying they would reimburse for all 7 months. It should be credited back to my ATT account.

Att was very helpful, their rep took my confirmation number, credit amount, and the OAR reps name and put it all in her notes. This ended (we'll see soon enough) well. But only because I was diligent. (ok truly diligent would have found it sooner than 7 months) Keep an eye out. If you have trouble with the numbersyou find, try the one i used/listed here. My next step is the FCC to report a claim / complaint there.

Daveu71
livermore, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/11/2009 12:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/oan-laurentel/nationwide/oan-laurentel-fraudelant-charges-billed-though-att-internet-433085. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content