Complaint Review: O'Brien Garage Doors

Nationwide
    USA

O'Brien Garage Doors Garage Door Repair and Installation Houston Texas

*General Comment: Manufacturer

I had a new garage door installed in 2015 by O'Brien garages. I live in a wind zone and no one ever told me I was supposed to have a wind rated garage door. As a consumer, I trusted this company to know what the wind zones/building codes called for.

After speaking with my insurance company for Hurricane Harvey, I learn that the contractor should not have put anything on my garage but a wind rated door.  I called and spoke to Kenneth about this a couple of days ago who told me I will need to purchase another door.

I have also called and emailed the corporate office and have not gotten a response. I would not recommend this company to anyone.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/13/2017 04:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/obrien-garage-doors/nationwide/obrien-garage-doors-garage-door-repair-and-installation-houston-texas-1399857. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

#1 General Comment

Manufacturer

AUTHOR: doorguy - (USA)

Sorry you are having the described issue. As the owner of a garage door company, I always cringe when I see issues that should have easily been resolved. Fortunately, you would not need to purchase a complete door. If the company you are dealing with is being uncooperative, I might suggest contacting the manufactuer directly. They will have customer service team in place. If the door has a serial number or order number (usually located on a sticker at the edge of each panel), it would help them. They will be able to tell you what parts you would need to get the desired or legal windcode. Usually, this would just involve adding support struts to each panel that has none and depending on the requirement, may require a sticker or paperwork showing that it meets the local/state requirements.

A garage door business that would sell and/or install anything other than 100% compliant material for an area should not be in business. If enough people complain to the manufacturer, they may loose their distributorship which, is a big deal for most of us in the business.

Best of luck!