Complaint Review: Ocean Canyon Properties

• Reported By: Renae — Fort Worth Texas USA
  • Ocean Canyon Properties

Nationwide
    USA

Ocean Canyon Properties Deceptive Sales Tactics Tres Rios Resorts - Texas Oklahoma

We were presented a picture perfect scenario of a "Members Only" Resort network in which we bought into.  After visiting the Tres Rios location in Texas a few times and noticing how some RV's never moved, we began to ask questions - resulting in (non-sales) staff confirming that there are year round renters who work at the local nuclear plant.  These staff members mentioned that the plant has an agreement with the resort for the temporary staff to be able to use the facilities.

My largest problem with this, is that on holiday weekends, we were denied sites because they were booked.  This included the 50+ "year rounders" sites.  If this were a members only resort which required rotation, there would have been a much better chance that we would have been granted access for the membership in which I paid in full, upfront.

When holding a basic conversation with the staff at the HQ location in Oklahoma, the "customer service" (or lack, thereof) representative was rude.  I simply asked what was needed to cancel the membership and stated that based upon the contract I could ONLY transfer the membership and that I would be sent to collections if I didn't pay the annual maintainance fee.

I then requested to speak with thier office manager, who was on a "conference call" and would call me back as soon as she was done. (Still waiting)

Needless to say - I am open to conversation if people are looking to do a class action against this group.  If you are looking buy into Ocean Canyon, I would recommend that you take a very good look at thier contracts, ask questions, and understand that you are not buying into a members only scenario.  Seriously - take everything home and think about it before signing ANYTHING.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/13/2017 10:26 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/ocean-canyon-properties/nationwide/ocean-canyon-properties-deceptive-sales-tactics-tres-rios-resorts-texas-oklahoma-1385243. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content