Complaint Review: Ocwen Loan Servicing

• Reported By: Sue — Brighton Michigan
  • Ocwen Loan Servicing

Nationwide
    USA

Ocwen Loan Servicing Bought out Litton Loan ServicingBack Pocket Peddler of JP Morgan Chase Bank of New York Melon Game playing, roll playing, lets put it this way...I have never dealt with a company who can have so many supposed errors and mistakes and still be in business. Inept...Fraud...Ready to sue with or without others as 8 years of this, is 7 years, 11 months and 31 days too long. Atlanta, Georgia, Orlando, Florida, India Nationwide

*Author of original report: Full-time Job

*Author of original report: Class Action Ocwen

*General Comment: Read my posts about Ocwen

Just how many complaints, rip-offs and foreclosures have to actually occur before our justice system -- designed to protect and defend the innocent actually does something?

As a self-employed individual, after my divorce I needed to refinance my home.  I can't even tell you without digging DEEP how many times my mortgage has since changed hands...but there is ALWAYS one underlying name that keeps popping up...JP Morgan Chase Bank of New York Melon.  Didn't matter when it was Poplar Mortgage or Litton Loan Servicing, doesn't matter currently with Ocwen Loan Servicing, they are all working with JP Morgan Chase Bank of New York Melon.

So my first question...who really wears the "pants" when it comes to the games being played at homeowner expense?  Conveniently, Litton took over when Popular closed, and then Ocwen when Litton closed.  I have been battling since 2003 with the scams and games.  I have been foreclosed on 2 times, my credit is now crap, and here is the best part...didn't miss a payment on time!

Laws are blatently violated and ignored with such aarogance it makes my blood boil.  Don't waste your time trying to resolve on your own, as they just continue to play the time game, playing stupid until they (under THEIR ideology) foreclose.

I had to sue them December, 2012, and they rescinded the foreclosure as the suit included 27 violations of Federal and State laws.  Unfortunately, I gave up my right to sue them for what had transpired.

In May, 2013 the paperwork was finalized.  In June, the games began again.  I have talked til blue in the face, have faxed, sent letters with proofs, have never been denied a payment, yet once again they are trying to foreclose.

Further note, although persistent in trying, from May 2013 to March, 2014 I never received a statement; never received the year-end statement showing interest and taxes paid.  As a result, even though the foreclosure was rescinded, the Township never reinstated the PRE, so the taxes doubled.  I received no notification of this either or the fact that they "raised my mortgage payment".  It was business as usual at Ocwen, kept cashing my payments, no notifications that anything was amiss.  And not creating a "red flag" with me so I could contact the Township to get it resolved.  Upon discovery of this the end of February, 2014 I got the PRE reinstated for 2014 and guarantee that approval will occur at the Board Meeting in July to reinstate for 2013.  When I provided this information, as well as the Township faxing letters of what the 2013 taxes will roll back to, and their refund, it wasn't good enough.  In a letter I received from them today, April 24, 2014 they noted and I quote from the Ocwen letter...  "Please note that we send account statements to customers either when a payment is received or at the end of the grace period whichever is earlier.  However it was determined that due to some technical issues we were unable send account statements to yur attention.  Further, we are current working on it.  We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.  Please allow sufficient time for the request to be processed.  (yes the typos and bad language are IN THE LETTER) They note further that I could download the account statements from their website...except OH DARN...I was DENIED ACCESS.  I suppose I could get the info from India's customer care staff, but OH, THEY WERE TOLD THEY COULDN'T TALK TO ME!    I am now ready to spend more money sueing them once again, this time I will go all the way.

I am extremely annoyed and disapointed at Federal and State Government, that dispite all of the law suits against them, including the State of New York requiring JP Morgan Chase Bank of New York Melon to agree to their countless requirements for conducting business, and the countless times Ocwen, Litton, Popular have been sued, that they continue to be allowed to do financing ANYWHERE.

I have solid documentation to back everything up, including phone records...so no, this is NOT a joke, and I have only included the BIG stuff, or this would end up a novel.

Scam?  You betcha!  Illegal transfers of mortgages?  Yep!  Intentional violations of Federal and State laws?  Absolutely!

I'm ready to do something about it...are you?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/24/2014 04:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/ocwen-loan-servicing/nationwide/ocwen-loan-servicing-bought-out-litton-loan-servicingback-pocket-peddler-of-jp-morgan-cha-1141509. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

2Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Full-time Job

AUTHOR: - ()

Update to 2014 entry...

Well, as of this writing, I am once again in the throws of foreclosure.  This time, it wasn't Ocwen... it was BONY Mellon, and a judicial foreclosure instead of non-judicial.

There are SO MANY violations of Federal & State laws... over 200 if you count each time they recurred.  I am now reaching into the cash bag again for Attorney fees.  Will be exceeding $25,000.

Best advice I can offer anyone dealing with Ocwen/BONY Mellon... DON'T GET A MORTGAGE WITH THEM!!!

Here is their MO:

Write a mortgage

Play with your escrow account

Post your on-time payments late

(may or may not let you know about this)

When you inquire or dispute... they will play stupid and ignore it or respond with nonsense then...

They put you in default, report to Credit Reporting Agencies

When you inquire or dispute again... they will stall, ignore the questions and continue on course.

Next thing you know...foreclosure.

They buy your house from themselves, and don't evict you.

6 months to 2 years later... they contact you to modify your loan and keep your home.

You agree to modify (and they add $50,000 to $150,000 or whatever appropriate HUGE amount to your loan balance)

Then...

They play with your escrow account... And the process repeats.

So, if unfortunately you are already dealing with the unconscionable actions... or are just starting out with them... smart is as smart does:

Bite the bullet and send your payments certified, return receipt so you can track when they post your payments

Be sure you are aware of how much your taxes are and WHEN THEY ARE PAID

Babysit your insurance company (whether they need it or not) and be sure Ocwen is notified everytime you have a renewal.

Don't trust... don't wait.  If ANYTHING looks wrong... assume it IS WRONG.  Don't trust their numbers.  Keep records of EVERYTHING... every phone call and who you spoke with; every letter you send, every communication you receive, and DATE WHEN YOU GET IT; (you will note that conveniently, almost any communication you receive from Ocwen will NOT have a name, title, signature or any contact info) and review every statement; annual escrow account statement; notification of payment increase for reason of escrow account increase, calculate your interest and principal and verify it is accurate; look for other fees you shouldn't have.

Get an attorney.  Do NOT think that you will get anything resolved without one, because you won't.  They are predatory lenders and in all of the States that are not very consumer friendly or have punitive damages for civil cases, they will abuse you and your money and take your home.  Remember how they get paid:  By foreclosing on your home.  By writing a new modification with you on your home they foreclosed on.  By forcing their insurance on you whether you need it or not, and by adding bogus fees, penalties or interest including late fees.  So... you tell me... WHY should they be honest and up-front?  They get paid NOT TO BE.  (Thank you Federal & State Lawmakers for allowing this)

And as far as Attorney's go... there are VERY VERY FEW who really know what the hell they are doing when it comes to fighting a foreclosure.  Those that are really good... are already working for Ocwen 90% of the time.  Make sure your legal council has done this before and won.

Contact Rip-Off Reports if you are interested in receiving more detailed information from me.

Class Action Ocwen

AUTHOR: - ()

If you have a loan modification from Ocwen; had escrow account issues; did not receive annual escrow account statements; your monthly payment was increased without a 45 day notication with an annual escrow account statement noting a shortage, there is a class action forming now.  Please contact Ripoff Reports if you are interested in persuing, and request contact information.

#3 General Comment

Read my posts about Ocwen

AUTHOR: Marie - ()

This isn't the first time I've done a bank transfer to Ocwen where chase bank and all other trustees were to be placed on the payable to line when you get a atty lmk because I'm in !! You don't see so much about Ocwen anymore because most ppl have lost there homes already !

good luck pls keep me posted