Complaint Review: Office Depot

• Office Depot
    OFFICE DEPOT 1104-WEB
    Houston, Texas

Office Depot Office Depot's on-line purchase rip-off Houston Texas

Buyer beware of any on-line purchase with Office Depot. I thought O.D. was a reputable company. I had ordered some merchandise on-line from their clearance center; first time ordering from them. I was very disappointed in the quality of most of the merchandise. Merchandise was grossly inferior. Some items, i.e. small luggage carry-on bag fell apart as I removed it from the box. Ordered two bluetooth headsets which didn't work.

There was some other stuff but it was all bad news. I made arrangements for pick up. An O.D. employee/driver came a day earlier than expected to pick up the boxes. I told him I need to seperate some of the items in different boxes. He was in a hurry, said it's all going to the local warehouse anyway and insisted I put it all in one box. All return paperwork was included with the returned items so I didn't forsee a problem.

As it turned out, O.D. didn't give me credit for some of the items I returned. I called my CC company, who put it in dispute. When I first called O.D. about the return and not getting all my credits, I got a person on the phone whom I could barely communicate with. When I asked to speak to her supervior she claimed she was the "only one here, no supervisor," which was a bold faced lie. When I called back again, and being on hold for 55 minutes, I got a supervisor who said they would credit my account based on what happened with their driver.

Today I just got a reversal on my dispute from my CC company, they are siding with O.D. They claim I didn't return the merchandise. I just can't prove it was all in the same box, even tough the paperwork was in there. Very disappointed with my dealings with Office Depot, their inferior on-line merchandise, their poor customer service, and now I'm out some cash. I will never do business with them again.

Vivian
Houston, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/18/2009 03:37 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/office-depot/houston-texas-77063/office-depot-office-depots-on-line-purchase-rip-off-houston-texas-425458. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content