Report: #228544

Complaint Review: Ogemaw County MI Child Support Enforcement

  • Submitted: Wed, January 03, 2007
  • Updated: Thu, January 11, 2007
  • Reported By: aurora Colorado
  • Ogemaw County MI Child Support Enforcement
    806 W. Houghton Ave.
    West Branch, Michigan

Ogemaw County MI Child Support Enforcement Unit - Judge Turkelson - Judge Baumgautner - PA Schultz Police Dept. illegal actions refuse to enforce orders deny victim rights and constitutional rights cover up West Branch Michigan

*Author of original report: Ogemaw County

*General Comment: $30,000 in arrearages qualifies for a felony child support warrant!

*Author of original report: Ogemaw County, MI

Show customers why they should trust your business over your competitors...

County officials refuse to enforce child support order, refuse to answer my calls, let people out of jail for free when they owe $30,000 cash bond, let people out of jail to go home and have "back surgery".

This county denies people their rights, judge refuses to do his job as does Prosecuting Attorney. They break laws and cover up for each other. Will not return phone calls or answer for their actions.

Why do these gov't employees, who take an oath to uphold the law, think they are above the law and can do what ever they want and get away with it?

My ex lives in this county and owes me $30,000 back child support, they refused to arrest him on the bench warrant, allowed him to walk out of jail for free when the law states: you must pay 100% cash performance bond, the PA didn't even question it, let this person go home for 5 days to "go to the Dr" allow this person to do his probation while he is sitting in jail for 365 days, will not enforce restution.

If they were owed $30,000, would they be acting like this? If I go to jail, am I going to get out for free? I DON'T THINK SO.

aurora, Colorado

Is this Ripoff Report About you?
Ripoff Report A business' first line of defense on the Internet.
If your business is willing to make a commitment to customer satisfaction Click here now..

Does your business have a bad reputation? Fix it the right way. Corporate Advocacy Program™

Set the record straight: Arbitration Program

SEO Reputation Management at its best!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/03/2007 04:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

Search for additional reports

If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:

Report & Rebuttal
Respond to this report!
Also a victim?
Repair Your Reputation!

Updates & Rebuttals


#1 Author of original report

Ogemaw County

AUTHOR: Kathy - ()

considering that I was owed $30,000 in 1989, and in 2012 I was still owed the same $30,000 just goes to show that these agencies are not about supporting the children. employees refuse to do their jobs, (if I didn't do my job I wouldn't have a job) and just fake it for 20 years then we pay for the for the rest of their life.                                                                     

my ex and his "attorney" discovered that the only thing that can't be garnished for child support is disability, so ex is now on disability.  so now dr is also involved in the fraud and coverups of this worthless deadbeat piece of crap.

why can gov't employees refuse to do their jobs?  this disgusts me.  I also gave up after dealing with this crap for so long.  I knew more about the law and their jobs than the friends of the court did.  that is exactly what they are:  friends of the court

didn't the judge take an oath to uphold the law? didn't these attorneys take an oath to uphold the law?  how do these people sleep at night?  just figure they won't get caught and can keep on padding thier own pockets.  they should all be in jail for fraud.  no one is overseeing these agencies and they all need to be audited.  maybe ogemaw county would like to pay me the $300,000 i am owed plus interest and penalties from 2000 when they took over "enforcement" of my case.  maybe that would make them do their jobs or maybe the friend of the court can pay me from their own personal bank accounts or sit in jail!!!!

Respond to this report!

#2 General Comment

$30,000 in arrearages qualifies for a felony child support warrant!

AUTHOR: JustMe - ()

Unfortunately, you are not alone in this. Ogemaw County Friend of the Court picks and chooses who they want to enforce these orders on and who they want to leave alone. I know some in that very same county that Ogemaw FOC goes after every chance they get to put them in jail and for a lot less than $30,000. Tonya, Sara and the rest of them set their sites on certain people and when they do, they will have these people picked up for arrearages and the very day that they are allowed by law to set another warrant up for their arrest after they are released from jail...look out. They have some payers that they know for a fact make good money, but when those individuals have cases brought up to set child support amounts, these people will claim they only make a few dollars a week because of being "self-employed' and such and hide assests, then the minute an rock bottom amount of child support is set based on supposed low-income, these same people crying too broke to pay a decent amount of child support suddenly have the financial means to build nice, large, brand new houses. It's called the name game. If your name is well known or the above people know you and you hang out with them or close family members or friends of theirs, you're not going to be held to the same standards and not be hounded and jailed for arrearages every time you turn around.

As far as the $30,000 owed to you, I was owed a lot more and just finally gave up. Oh believe me when I say that they had no problems putting my payer in jail every time he turned around, but it was only because one of the employees handling the case had a bad, bad grudge against him. I will say that you need to contact whoever is the current Michigan Attorney General and ask about having a felony non payment of child support done on your ex. They usually do these ones on those who withhold or fail to pay support and arrearages are over $5000 (not sure on that number or lower) and who has assests that can be seized in order to be auctioned off and monies receieved go towards child support arrearages. Squeaky wheel gets the oil. One employee in the Wayne County Michigan Friend of the Court simply stated "Our case load is so large and cases are so far behind that pretty much the only cases that get anything done abou them are the ones where the payees call up b****ing about it on a daily basis." Sad, but true for most all F.O.C in Michigan. They just don't care of the kids in their state gets supported properly. Good luck

Respond to this report!

#3 Author of original report

Ogemaw County, MI

AUTHOR: Kathy - (U.S.A.)

I live in CO, ex lives in MI, neither state will enforce child support order, judge let him walk out of jail for free even though there was a $30,000 cash bond.

He is serving 365 days on other charges and was allowed to go home for 5 days for "back surgery" They are also allowing him to do his 2yrs. probation while he is locked up for these 365 days. How does that work?

Prosecuting Attorney and Probation officer refuse to call me back, FOC threatened to have me arrested if I call her again.

I've found info on filing commercial liens on public officials personal property for screwing me out of my money. Are there any lawyers or paralegals out there willing to help me do this?
Respond to this report!
Ripoff Report Recommends
ZipBooks Accounting Software

Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.