Complaint Review: Ohio Valley Gold and Silver Refinery

• Ohio Valley Gold and Silver Refinery
    3200 Pleasant Run,
    Springfield, Illinois
    United States of America

Ohio Valley Gold and Silver Refinery Lowballing gold sellers throughout California Springfield, Illinois

I brought my gold, silver, and coins to one of their traveling locations, Pachanga Casino Convention Center in Temecula, CA. They had a large advertisement stating that they pay the highest prices,etc. etc. Well, they did not have a test kit and would not give me a price for the silver, as it was a bunch of broken pieces, they also tried to put an 18k gold ring together with (2) 14k gold rings on the scale, even though one is more valuable than the other, also they lumped all the old coins, dated from 1901-1964 all together and they offered me $ 52.00 for it all.

I asked them why they put the 18k with the 14k rings and the guy got flustered and then said, "Well we can give you $82.00 for it all. I took my stuff and I left. I then took it all to a local buyer in Sun City, who gave me $76.00 for the silver, and $262.00 for the 3 rings. They offered me 12.50 for 6 of the coins, of which I just kept them as I felt they would go up in value. Had I let the guys from the Ohio Valley Gold and Silver Refinery take my gold, sliver, and coins, I would have been swindled out of $256.00 if they would have paid me the $82.00 and $286.00 had I went with their first offer of $52.00. They are worse than thieves.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/17/2011 07:42 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/ohio-valley-gold-and-silver-refinery/springfield-illinois-62711/ohio-valley-gold-and-silver-refinery-lowballing-gold-sellers-throughout-california-spring-789960. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content