Complaint Review: Omni Tech support

• Reported By: bw_m — Rancho Viejo Texas United States of America
  • Omni Tech support

Internet
    United States of America

Omni Tech support soft ware ms open office sold as office suite application rip off, Internet

*Consumer Comment: Huh?

I was unable to down load the free open office that comes with new computer. Omni Tech support was listed as Microsoft Tech support and claimed to be Microsoft Tech support while ripping me off of $99.00 by claiming to add MS Office suite but only repaired the free Open office that came with the new Dell computer that I had just bought. I told them to take it off and refund my money if they could not give me the suite I had asked for. They finally aggreed to do so but have yet to see a dime back. Never get mixed up with these guys. They also took 4 hours in their down loading. They are lame.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/22/2012 08:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/omni-tech-support/internet/omni-tech-support-soft-ware-ms-open-office-sold-as-office-suite-application-rip-off-inte-858094. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Huh?

AUTHOR: MochaG - (United States of America)

Your report sounds very confusing. I am not sure what you mean on it.

To clarify, first Open Office is NOT MS Office. It is an open source office software (mainly for word, worksheet, and presentation - no database) which looks similar to MS Office but not exactly the same. Also, it can open only older version of MS Office file (before 2007 version which has no "x" at the end of the file extension).

Now, from my understanding of your report, you started that you could not download Open Office into your new computer.

"I was unable to down load the free open office that comes with new computer."

Then you said your new computer already has Open Office in the first place?

"but only repaired the free Open office that came with the new Dell computer that I had just bought."

So the first "Open Office" you referred to is actually MS Office? Then my next question is that you bought MS Office from Omni Tech? Or how do you obtain the MS Office? I think the $99 you mentioned might be from the service fee, not the cost of the MS Office.

Anyway, this report is very confusing and seem to omit a lot of things...