Complaint Review: OMNI/Accel Auto Warranty

• OMNI/Accel Auto Warranty
    PO BOX 170188
    Arlington, Texas

OMNI Auto Warranty - OMNI/Accel Auto Warranty ripoff Arlington Texas

I purchased a used 1997 Dodge Dakota from a local dealer who pushed me to purchase an OMNI Extended warranty on my truck since it had some miles on it. They made me believe that everything major was covered, engine, water pump, transmission, basically anything that could go wrong would. I payed $2000 for this warranty, it was good for 25,000 miles and all I had to do was get my truck serviced every $3000 miles and keep the receipts. Pretty good deal right? I was covered, and I did my part, I paid for the warranty, got my oil changed every 3000 miles, saved all my receipts, got all my necessary maintenance work up to speed.

Then one day, unexpectedly my truck overheated terribly. I pulled over, let it cool off and drove immediately to an authorized dealer (Jack Powell Dodge in San Marcos, who by the way, was absolutely wonderful in helping me through this, Mike was his name) They had to pull my engine to see if the head was cracked, which they suspected may be. That was $800 and my tech(Mike) didn't want to do it until he made sure my warranty would cover it. We called and everything sounded ok, so he pulled the engine, and sure enough the head was cracked. Turns out my water pump was faulty and leaked on the hot head and cracked it.

Well, then the warranty company decides that since it was caused by water dripping on the head, they would not cover it. Even though it was caused by the water pump THAT WAS COVERED!!! So Omni paid for a new water pump, some $450, but NOTHING ELSE!!! I fought with them for 4 weeks, Jack Powell would not repair my truck until this matter was settled, when it became apparent that OMNI would not cover it, we finally paid for it ourselves, over $2000.

Now I look back I should've sued them over leading me to believe everything was covered, when really practically nothing was. But I could not be without my truck, so I had to pay and get it fixed. Now I hear things like OMNI went bankrupt, if that is the case, I am glad, serves them right. Plus their customer service reps were very rude and not helpful at all, they seemed like it was there own personal money they were protecting by not covering a legitimate claim.

Nicole
Redding, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/30/2004 03:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/omniaccel-auto-warranty/arlington-texas-76003/omni-auto-warranty-omniaccel-auto-warranty-ripoff-arlington-texas-85977. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content