Report: #1190865

• Reported By: Pam — Lancaster Texas
  • Oncor

Internet
    USA

Oncor charging me for tampering with the meter, which I did not do. Internet

*Consumer Comment: This is what happens...

My neighbor and I received a letter from Oncor stating we had tampered with our meters. We recieved a bill for almost $400.00. I immediately contacted them as well as TXU to rebuttal it. I stated I am a very valuable custoner with TXU since 1967, never late or asked for payment arrangements nor do I even know where the meter is located. I am a law abiding citizens that own my own home and there was no need for me to tamper with the meter. Therefore, I contacted the PUC and they stated TXU stated I did. Oncor claims to have pictures of the tampered meter but how do I know the meter guy didnt do it. How is it possible my next door neighbor would have a tampered meter at the same time. Please help me resolve this issue with this ripoff company.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/23/2014 10:14 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/oncor/internet/oncor-charging-me-for-tampering-with-the-meter-which-i-did-not-do-internet-1190865. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

This is what happens...

AUTHOR: Robert - ()

When people add in things to make their report look better...they often make their report look worse.  Now why do I say that?  Because of this line.

- So you are wanting them to believe that in the entire time you have been living in this house you have NEVER seen where the meter is located?  Sorry but that is totally unbelieveable for many reasons.  Such as even just walking around your house the meter is very easy to spot and it would be impossible to believe that you never noticed it.  They are thinking if you are not telling the truth about that..what else may you not be telling the truth on.

You talk about your neighbor, so did anyone else in your neighboorhood get a letter or were you the only two?  If there were more, perhaps you should all get together and try and fight it.  Talk to your local news media, as there is strength in numbers.  There might be something if everyone on your entire street got the same letter.  But if you were the only two...this may be a bit harder.

Did your neighboor dispute it?  What answer did they give them?