Complaint Review: OneMain Financial

• OneMain Financial
    125 Northsore Blvd
    Slidell, Louisiana
    United States of America

OneMain Financial CitiFinancial OneMain Financial practices predatory lending and does not properly apply your payments Slidell, Louisiana

I have had a loan loan with this company since 2007. In 2010, I refinanced the loan for $5,407.25. Since then, I've paid over $3500 towards this loan but less than $1200 has been applied to the principal balance. The loan papers reflect 27.99% but the online account reflects 28.33%. Of the money paid, $2716.75 have been applied to interest. For the last 12 months, ALL of my payments have been made ONLY to interest. No one in the local branch can explain why my account is set up this way.

Additionally, my paperwork shows the refinance but the online account shows a term change in December 2010. I did not approve a term change. My balance is $4329.80 & has remained the same since July 2011. I don't understand and tried to seek assistance but no one is able to explain the terms to me. Please help. It still shows that I have until 04/04/15 before the loan matures. This is slavery at its best! It doesn't matter how much over the monthly payment I seem to make, it ALL goes directly to interest. I don't understand it.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/05/2012 07:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/onemain-financial/slidell-louisiana-70460/onemain-financial-citifinancial-onemain-financial-practices-predatory-lending-and-does-not-907326. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content