Complaint Review: ONLINE CAMERA GALLERY

293 Jefferson Street
    San Francisco, California
    United States of America

ONLINE CAMERA GALLERY Total Scam - Stay Away! San Francisco, California

I went to the store to simply buy a lens hood.  I was coned into buying a wide-angle lens, an overpriced filter, and a incompatible lens hood.  Total price: $750.  Retail value (even at similar stores down the street): $200.

The lens I originally purchased was clearly used. The box had been opened and the lens was not working properly. I immediately went back to the merchant and demanded a full refund. He refused to exchange the product or give me a full refund, and instead deducted $150 from the original purchase price, which was about $650. This is for a lens that retails for $150, if it is new, and even less if purchased online. So I was charged $425 for a lens that was used and available at a nearby store $150. When I told the merchant this, he refused to go to the nearby store so that I could prove to him that new lens is $300 less than what he was charging me. Instead, he pulled up a fake website on his phone showing the lens for sale at $650. I tried to use the lens a few times, and it fell apart as I was cleaning it.

On 4/3/2013 I took the lens back to the merchant and he became angry and refused to give me a refund.  Instead, he gave me another lens, in an open box.   I was not happy with this lens either because it distorted the pictures and was clearly defective. I went back to the merchant a THIRD time on 4/5/2012 and asked for a refund. He refused and became hostile and intimidating. He pounded his fist on the display counter and shattered the glass, cutting his hand and causing pieces of glass to land on my body. The merchant then took the lens back and offered to give a flash device, but wanted $25 more dollars for that exchange. At that point, my wife and 11-yr old daughter were in the store and frightened. I feared for our safety and agreed to exchange the lens for a SFD 680C flash, which retails for $100, and the merchant charged me $450 for it.

The store has some creepy, gangster-looking types hanging around inside, and the main scammer looks like some major cholo.  Although I got ripped off, it was almost worth the hassle and money to see the pendejo freak out and shatter the counter :-)

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/06/2013 08:58 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/online-camera-gallery/san-francisco-california-94033/online-camera-gallery-total-scam-stay-away-san-francisco-california-1041187. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content