Complaint Review: Onrebate.com

• Reported By: Chicago Illinois
  • Onrebate.com
    onrebate.com
    Internet

Onrebate.com rebate ripoff They keep changing their story as to why my rebate was denied and refuse to show proof! Internet

Onrebate.com is the first rebate company that I have EVER had problems with, and I have completed many rebate offers.

They initially sent me a rebate denial saying that the "Rebated item not listed on invoice." Wow, that's weird, I've never made that mistake before. So I emailed asking them to fax me a copy of the bill that they had to see what invoice I had actually sent them. A week went by with no response. So I sent another email. No response. So I sent yet another email. And then another.

After MORE THAN A MONTH and four emails, did I finally get a response. A terse message saying that the problem ISN'T that the item wasn't on the invoice after all, but that the billing address didn't match the address I provided for rebate. What?! Ridiculous and sleazy.

This company is trying any excuse they can think of to deny my rebate. What's more is that the address thing isn't true either. I asked them yet again to fax me a copy of my submission but surprise, they refuse to do so.

Unethical.

Mike
Chicago, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/08/2007 07:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/onrebatecom/internet/onrebatecom-rebate-ripoff-they-keep-changing-their-story-as-to-why-my-rebate-was-denied-a-1031413. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content