Complaint Review: Ontrac

• Reported By: dand1001 — ANAHEIM California United States of America
  • Ontrac

Internet
    USA

Ontrac Their package tracking falsely shows packages delivered when they have not been they fail to state on their website Internet

I ordered some products from Amazon and they shipped by Ontrac. The online Amazon.com order had links to tracking and it showed as "to be deliverede on 7/25/16 before 8 pm. At 8:20 IT STILL SHOWED AS ON THE WAY, then sometime after 10 pm I went back to tracking detail and NOW it shows DELIVERED at 6:37 pm. We positively KNOW that it was not delivered. I called Amazon.com and they stated the following- admitting that some couriers commit fraud by declaring a package "DELIVERED" while it is STILL ON THEIR TRUCK.

This is what they wrote to me:

"I'm sorry you didn't receive your package, even though tracking says it's been delivered. Sometimes a carrier will scan a package as "DELIVERED" when it's still on its way. We expect the carrier to deliver the package within one business day"

Well, I'm sorry. Marking a package DELIVERED before it is on my property, I don't care what you say, is FRAUD. It is not DELIVERED until I have posession of the items.

This may be how the company maintains a 100% on time delivery commitment, by showing stuff as delivered when it really isn't. This upsets me.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/25/2016 10:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/ontrac/internet/ontrac-their-package-tracking-falsely-shows-packages-delivered-when-they-have-not-been-th-1318899. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content