Complaint Review: Opticom

• Opticom
    PO Box 3141
    Carmel, Indiana

Opticom, Zero Plus Dialing ripoff charged for call never made Carmel Indiana

*Consumer Comment: Maybe you were hijacked?

I received a bill for $33 attached to my verizon bill. I use my phone line strictly for an internet connection and use my cell phone for all other calls. Occasionally a local call will be made but I am from NJ and got charged for a call to Reno, Nevada. When I spoke to a customer service representative, he spit out a whole bunch of technical jargon and then told me there was nothing I could do about it.

I researched the company on the internet and found out I am not the first person to have problems with them. This prompted me to want to fill a report.

Sarah
Blackwood, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/11/2005 11:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/opticom/carmel-indiana-46032/opticom-zero-plus-dialing-ripoff-charged-for-call-never-made-carmel-indiana-142339. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Maybe you were hijacked?

AUTHOR: Dale - (U.S.A.)

If you use that line for internet only connections then maybe your computer was hijacked by a virus, and made the call without you authorizing it? Do a search on my complaint here to get lots of details on hijacking. May the force be with you.