Report: #199302

• Reported By: Summerville South Carolina
  • Orbitz
    Orbitz.com
    Internet

Orbitz ripoff Claim to offer Cheap Tickets They Charged More than the Hotel's Standard Rate Internet

I used Orbitz on-line service to book a weekend hotel stay. I was quoted "Average rate per night $199.00." My credit card was charged accordingly.

When I checked into Hotel, they swiped my credit card. I believed this was for the purpose of additional charges that might occur during stay (telephone, room service, etc.). I received a "check out" receipt indicating the cost per night at $163.18. I believed this rate would reflect the actual charge to my credit card account because Orbitz's confirmation indicated "Average rate per night".

To my surprise, my account was charged at $199.00 per night. I called Orbitz and their representative, Brandon, stated that "ORBITZ'S RATES ARE GUARANTEED. THE HOTEL COULD HAVE INCREASED A QUOTED AMOUNT UPON MY ARRIVAL HAD I BOOKED DIRECTLY WITH THE HOTEL!". I told him that had never had that occured in my experience - "Reservation" prevents that from happening."

I've been told to fax all to Orbitz - we'll see if this is resolved or if Orbitz's practices set out to RIP people off - until caught!

Louann
Summerville, South Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/03/2006 02:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/orbitz/internet/orbitz-ripoff-claim-to-offer-cheap-tickets-they-charged-more-than-the-hotels-standard-rat-199302. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content