Complaint Review: Orkin Pest Control

• Orkin Pest Control
    P.O. Box 647
    Atlanta, Georgia

Orkin - Extermination Pest Control ..nothing but grief and aggravation

Last summer s young salesman from Orkin Pest Control knocked on my door and said that hte was in the neighborhood and his company had a promotion. He said that several people in my neighborhood used Orkin and would I like to try them. I said I have my own exterminating company. He said he wa a college kid who worked for Orkin part time and how great Orkin was in preventive maintenance. Once a month they spray house interior and exterior, even the oipes for $38.00 a month. I told him he could spray that day and paid him by check then.

He said that I needed to sign a contract for a year. I said he could spray that day and I would pay him for that service - $38.00. He did.

Since then, an Orkin Exterminator would come to my house when no one was home and spray my home's exterior. I called them to tell them I did not want any present or future service and since I did not request service I was not obligated to pay for it.

Every so often I would get a bill from Orkin for service I did not ask for ($72.00) I have called them several times and all say that they would check into it and get back to me. I am not only still getting bills they have sent a collection agency on me. I explained to the collection agency that I did not sigh a contract with these people and am not liable for these charges.

No one does anything, and now I am extremely frustrated with this organization. This minimal amount of money is nothing compared to the grief and aggravation and it shouldn't appear on my credit report. I would like these people to issue me an official zero balance. Is this the way they make their money?
Can you help me?

Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on Orkin

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/07/2000 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/orkin-pest-control/atlanta-georgia-30301/orkin-extermination-pest-control-nothing-but-grief-and-aggravation-3212. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content