Complaint Review: Orkin

• Reported By: Fort Worth (Moved Now) Texas
  • Orkin
    6349 Browning Crt
    North Richland Hills, Texas

Orkin - North Richland Hills Want to be paid for fraud North Richland Hills, Texas

This company is amazing. Late last spring I had a pest problem, a mouse came in the old house I was living in. I caught the mouse, plugged the hole and figured I would call pest control to make sure there was not a larger problem to worry about. There wasn't, but this was no thanks to Orkin. There workers rarely showed up on time and usually were not very thorough. That wasn't a big deal though.

It happened that I ended up moving from the area and I notified Orkin, forwarded my mail and all that. Five months pass and I get a call from the office from Holly, on March 31. Keep in mind I moved in October and let them know, and asked they suspend service, since I had no need for pest control at a place I no longer owe. Anyway, I spoke with her and explained the problem, she hung up at 10:59 AM. The previous message, from earlier in the day threatened referral to a collection agency for the amount of $175.36 so I called back.

I called back, and spoke to Patti, she said the contract allowed them to continue spraying despite the fact that I had notified them that I was moving and it was irrelevant that they didn't respond until long after I moved. They claimed they mailed bills that I never received even though I was forwarding the correspondences from my previous address. Patti's response was that there was nothing she could do about correcting the billing and that irregardless they would forward the incorrect, previously unbilled amount to a collection agency.

So even though they rarely showed up when they were scheduled and they billed me incorrectly the feel entitled to payment for a service I never requested. When I signed up with them I was promised I would only be serviced if I was called and let them into the house. This was also due to the fact that I always paid the orkin man after servicing the house, as I requested. They knew I moved and I have no idea what they were doing at the house. They are just trying to get my money for nothing.

Orlando
Fort Worth (Moved Now), Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/31/2008 09:24 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/orkin/north-richland-hills-texas-76180/orkin-north-richland-hills-want-to-be-paid-for-fraud-north-richland-hills-texas-322501. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content