Complaint Review:

• Updated: Wed, January 08, 2014

• Reported By: tracethebold61350 — ottawa Illinois
OTTAWA HEALTHMART
900 1st Ave, Ottawa, IL OTTAWA, Illinois USA

OTTAWA HEALTHMART OTTAWAHEALTHMART.COM OTTAWAHEALTHMART CLAIMS EXCEPTIONAL CUSTOMER SERVICE BUT IF YOU ARE DISABLED THEY SCREW YOU ANY WAY THEY CAN OTTAWA Illinois

*Consumer Comment: To each their own

REBUTTAL BOX™ | Respond to this Report! | Consumer Comment

Corporate Advocacy Program

Set the record straight:
Arbitration Program

On 1-8-14

I spoke with Liz the owner to have my prescriptions delivered, to my ottawa home. I was told there would be no problem and the charge would be an extra $2.00. I really needed to wait in my apartment due to the extreme cold and my illness. I told this to Chris the deliverly man. He told me when he arrived that he would no longer deliver for me unless I agreed to meet him at the door downstairs. He said it took too long for me to deliver upstairs. He yelled at me for wasting his time th and I told him that I am disabled and very ill and I could not agree to accomadate his requests every time. He treated me like dirt. I called liz and reported this problem. I also told her he refused to take the scripts for my new prescriptions. She was very arrogant on the phone and told me he has some personal problems with his children in the car. I did not understand or care. She also told me that they would double the fee for delivery at my home just because he had to go press a few buttons and then I would buzz him in. He threw the bag at me with the change in it and refused to take the scripts. I am disabled I cannot run after him. I have never been treated so badly at this pharmacy before.  The reason for this delivery was  they had forgot to deliver all my prescriptions on Friday Jan. 3, 2014.

I have severe asthma, and all weekend I suffered without my meds. When I called the healthmart to tell them of the missing prescriptions and the high charge. I was told that they were closing and unless I came in right away there was nothing they could do. I could not start my car in the extreme cold and I told them  I needed them to deliver my missing meds. Liz told me that the amount of my prescriptions  was not enough to bother with and Chris the part owner delivery man did not really have to come back with the missing prescriptions. or take the scrips. I told her I cannot breathe and I am really sick. All I wanted was my medicine so I could breathe properly. These people are the owners of the company and they advertise exceptional customer service. They practally told me to drop dead. Liz told me to mail her my scripts.  I told her I did not think I have stamps. She told me this was the only way. or go elsewhere.  These people say they give quality service, Was that quality service?  Then they told me it takes too long to wait on me. I am disabled I have to go slow. If you are looking for a good pharmacy look elsewhere . Stay away. They maybe the only pharmacy in south ottawa, but drive to any other place. They treat disabled people without any respect at all. They cheat on prices, and when you bring it to the attention of the pharmacist /owner Liz she covers it all up. You wind up paying for there mistakes.  These people laugh out loud at my disabilities, and vent their personal problems on me the customer. It all gets covered over by Liz who feels sorry for her brother Chris. What a way to run an important business like a pharmacy. What a joke.

No one pologized to me for any of it. They tried to cheat me a disabled person by doubling the price of delivery, forgeting an important prescription. Liz was rude, shabby and vicious on the phone. Obviously, I had to go elsewhere, but I truely believe this was a very shabby deal. I deserve an apology for the way I was treated. If they did not want me as a customer they should have told me years ago. My time is just as valuable as theirs is, and my health is in jeapardy. These people should be in the clown business, not a pharmacy. Please be forwarned if you are serious about your medicine, stay away from here.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/08/2014 08:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/ottawa-healthmart/ottawa-illinois-61350/ottawa-healthmart-ottawahealthmartcom-ottawahealthmart-claims-exceptional-customer-servi-1114067. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on OTTAWA HEALTHMART

To each their own

AUTHOR: NoTimeForThat - (USA)

I have been getting my scripts from Ottawa HealthMart for a few years now and find that story hard to swallow. I have NEVER had such an experience with Liz and Chris! I ALWAYS get prompt and courteous service while I'm in the store from all of their employees. Liz is very knowledgeable and personable. I'm always surprised how she addresses me by my first name when I enter the store since I would not expect her to remember me as I have only been in the store a handful of times. She shows great concern for my comfort and well being which is why I have also decided to have my flu shots administered by her. She takes care of me as if I were her own mother. My previous pharmacy was Walgreens, and that place makes me feel like I'm getting my prescriptions from the DMV each time I have to take a number. I often had to wait 45 mins to pick up a prescription in Walgreens and good luck getting THEM to deliver! I have to deal with a different person each time I have been to Walgreens and its never a personable experience. They do not have time for my questions and I do not appreciate asking my personal questions in front of 30 other customers who are also waiting in line at the Walgreens DMV. Not to mention Walgreens prices! Yikes! At Walgreens, I'm just a number; at Ottawa HealthMart, I feel like one of the family. I appreciate their business; they take care of ME at the Ottawa HealthMart. Part of me regrets posting this for the public to see because maybe I don't want the word to get out. Ottawa HealthMart can be Ottawa's best kept secret. I Don't mind. I don't like waiting in line for my prescriptions and I LOVE the option of delivery no matter what the cost. TRY getting this kind of service ANYWHERE else! Good luck.