• Report: #196767

• Submitted: Fri, June 16, 2006
  • Updated: Fri, June 16, 2006

• Reported By:bothell Washington
Overachiever Enterprises
831 W. Maple Ave Homewood, Illinois U.S.A.

Overachiever Enterprises door-to-door magazine sales scam; played on my sympathy for young man of color trying to better his life ripoff Homewood Illinois

Overachiever Enterprises sends young men door-to-door, selling magazine subscriptions at inflated prices, all to help these youth (in both cases at my door, African-American young men) to lift themselves out of poverty and "live somewhere nice, like you do."

Sympathetic sucker, me. The first year, I subscribed and the magazine did come. Ths second year, since I'd seen results before, I spent $140 for three magazines. After 7 months, they haven't come and all my calls to the Overachiever Enterprises office in Homewood, Illinois, come to nothing. There is a nice recording, from someone named Sandra McDonald, assuring me that refunds will be handled promptly and that my call if important. But after about 8 calls over two months, no response.

A Homewood phone operator matched the address on the sales slip with a business operating there now, Executive Support Center. I called and talked to an aggravated man who said there was no Overachiever Enterprises, he had no knowledge of them, and I should call the state attorney's office.

I have requested complaint forms from both Washington and Illinos state attorneys, and will file with both states.

And will never again subscribe/give a check to/buy from door-to-door salesman!

Pam
bothell, Washington

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/16/2006 01:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/overachiever-enterprises/homewood-illinois-60430-2031/overachiever-enterprises-door-to-door-magazine-sales-scam-played-on-my-sympathy-for-young-196767. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Overachiever Enterprises