Complaint Review: Overstock Closeout Sales

• Overstock Closeout Sales
    Northwest, GA
    Internet
    United States of America

Overstock Closeout Sales Scammed me for money on a Gorilla swingset I never got , Internet

*General Comment: Summer Close out

I received a response from an inquiry on craigslist for a wooden swingset directing me to www.overstockcloseoutsales.com. I looked at the website really well and noticed that they had the Better Business Bureau stamp in the corner of the add and additional links to twitter/facebook/ebay and paypal.

I felt better knowing that these additional groups were associated with this website.

I created an account and started looking at the merchandise.  I selected a swingset and started my purchase.  When I went to purchase the item it stated in the payment section that as a first time purchase I was required to pay with Green dot/money pak. The purchase was confirmed and held for confirmation when the payment was received.

After making my payment I received confirmation that my payment had been received and my order was now being prepared for delivery.  The website stated that it normally takes 7-14 business days for delivery.  I am now well within this timeline and have not received my purchase.

I went back to the website and it is no longer available.  I have sent emails to Adam Baker @ Overstock Closeout Sales.com and receive an undeliverable message each time.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/18/2013 06:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/overstock-closeout-sales/internet/overstock-closeout-sales-scammed-me-for-money-on-a-gorilla-swingset-i-never-got-interne-1044452. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

#1 General Comment

Summer Close out

AUTHOR: bestdj45 - ()

Hello, I was looking at a pull behind smoker bbq on summer close out and I thought to myself that the pull behind smoker was way to low so I emailed them and no one every emailed me back. I waited about a week and emailed again and still no return email. I'm glad I didn't got through with what you did.

They sent me a email today from craigslist and I click the link and it takes me to a page just like the summer close out sale but this one says Overstockseasonsale!!  I hope they catch these crooks.. Here is the link   http://www.overstockseasonsales.com/