Complaint Review: Overstock.com

• Reported By: Nickolaos — Athens Internet Greece
  • Overstock.com

Internet
    United States of America

Be aware of Overstock.com they are crooks. They will charge you twice & the paypal payment is not working all the times, is giving you a website error.
I ordered a ring for my girlfriend at 22/09/2010, which made 25 , they said to me that the ring will do to come 17 days although together with the carriers went from 25 59.70 .
On 28/09/2010 has been charge me again 59.70 re just a day after the ring went to the company's warehouse, when according to the regulations that they are not cancel any transaction if the package has arrived to the company's warehouse.
Also when I tried to make transactions through Paypal, is giving me a website error.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/30/2010 02:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/overstockcom/internet/overstockcom-overstock-be-aware-of-overstockcom-they-are-crooks-they-will-charge-you-tw-646234. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
3Consumer
0Employee/Owner

UPDATE-Thanks for letting people know about overstock scam

AUTHOR: ANTON - (United States of America)

To the former employee's remarks and info on overstock..thanks so much for posting this and taking the time--I have really yet to believe that in the USA noone has done anything about their practices with consumers other than complain. They are scammers with a website and a commercial. They should be put out of buisness or sued so they can't stay open. I wont even go into detail about my own complaint and what happened to me because I have a post but I wanted to say thanks. I believe that any positive review posted anywhere about overstock was someone that was paid or worked there required to do it..or an extremely lucky person who just happened to be a lucky person that day

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Did you even bother reading the rports on this company before ordering

AUTHOR: slytara - (USA)

I use to work for overstock,com as a Customer Service Rep . They train their CS R's to lie . Overstock CS R's work out of a different state other than where the warehouse is located . The warehouse where the products are ordered and shipped from is in Salt Lake City Utah . The call centers when I worked for them were out of Wyoming and New Mexico. So when you call to place your order . We would actually place the order online from our computers
. The CSR"S have nothing to do with the warehouse we are there for one reason to talk you into buying a product. Therefore when merchandise is not delivered or is delivered damaged and the consumer calls in to complain the only thing that is done by the CSR is they file a grievance to the warehouse and then tell the consumer that they will receive a response in 72 business hours yeah good luck with that I would get customers calling back angry that they never got a response and would again have to refile a grievance.And as for the reason you never got your order until a month later was because it was probably never shipped out til you called and inquired about it that is common practice for Overstock as to the fact that most of the warehouse employees can't either speak English or read English so the order's a lot of the times are shipped to the wrong address or never leave the warehouse after you the consumer have paid for it. The tracking investigation is just a bunch of bull to cover them, so is oh we're upgrading our system and will correct the problem immediately. They also have a common practice of charging a restocking fee that they take out of your refund stating that the item was non restock able and you were charged for it. This is a common practice they do it to everyone then they actually restock it and make double profit on it. As for the refund itself they take their sweet time on that too you don't know how many times I received calls from angry customers stating that they had been waiting for their refund. Long story short this company is dishonest once they get your money they could actually care less about whether you got your product or not. And their cancellation policy well let's say good luck on trying to cancel an order after you have placed it.If you want to save yourself a lot of grief Stay away from Overstock they are one of the worst companies around.And beware of their promise that you will receive your orders in time for the holiday at Christmas time you won't . you are better off buying your Christmas presents either at a store or a more trusted online shopping site. Cause I guarantee you Overstock will promise you that your order will be there by Christmas of course they want your money but come Christmas more than likely that special item you ordered for Christmas won't be there. Let me make myself clear the reason I published this report is because not that I am a disgruntled employee in anyway shape or form . Cause I quit the company of my own free will the reason I chose to post this is to inform the consumers . You are the consumer the money you spend is your money. This company instead of respecting their customers and assisting them with there problems do just the opposite. You should have the right to get what you ordered sight seen not some cheap or damaged version of it. And you shouldn't be penalized for returning an item especially if it arrived damaged from the warehouse or you received something totally different that what you ordered.Nor in no way shape or form should you be lied to cause you want to know why your ordered hasn't been delivered . It's your money you have the right to excellent customer service and unfortunately such is not the case with Overstock. That's why I quit this company. Trust me if Overstock cared they would change their practices and do whatever they had to do to assist the customer's issue. Unfortunately they don't

AUTHOR: InvaderZimm - (USA)

Eek!  Thanks a bunch for the heads up.  I was beginning to compile a Christmas list for my husband and was scouring Overstock.com.  I'll continue to shop from them but be a little more on guard; thanks again!