Complaint Review: Oxford Hair Academy

• Oxford Hair Academy
    153 North Street
    Seymour, Connecticut
    USA

Oxford Hair Academy Scam, $4000 fee after 3 days, poor school, sneaky lies Seymour Connecticut

I attended this school for 3 half days from 9-1 and I quickly realized that it was a scam of a school. No learning was actually taking place and the students were teaching other students. I had a full pull grant and financial aid and after 3 days I decided that I no longer wanted to attend and transfer to another school due to the poor interactions and learning atmosphere.

After a laborious meeting with Kelly Steves the owner she informed me that the equipment was non refundable which was a fee of 1200 dollars. At this time I agreed to set up a payment plan to pay this off as it was non refundable. I actually recieved a bill for 3500 dollars for the 3 half days that I spent enrolled in this school. Most schools pro rate time spent as any accredited and reputable learning academy would but not this place. So now that I have graduated from another good schoo such as academy di capelli I am employed and now looking at buyin a home. Unfortunately due to this scam I have a 4000 dollar debt that is on my credit and the owner refuses to work with me on this. Do yourself a favor and find another school if you are interested in becoming a hair stylist.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/09/2013 05:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/oxford-hair-academy/seymour-connecticut-06483/oxford-hair-academy-scam-4000-fee-after-3-days-poor-school-sneaky-lies-seymour-conne-1049709. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content