Complaint Review: Pacific Liberty - Liberty Wide

• Pacific Liberty - Liberty Wide
    Ontario Alberta , Canada
    Alberta, Ontario
    Canada

Pacific Liberty - Liberty Wide ripoff guaranteed a credit card with approval of either $1000.00 or $2500.00 Alberta Ontario

I was contacted on 07/27/03 by Pacific Liberty Liberty Wide. I was told by one of their representatives that I had been pre-approved for a credit card. The credit card was to have a limit of either $1,000.00 or $2,500.00 depending on any bankruptcy's.

I gave them authorization to debit my checking account for the amount of $249.00. They debited the account on 08/07/03. After receipt of funds, I was to recieve a packet within 14 to 15 business days. I did not recieve the packet until December and that was not without constant calling by me. I sent the package back next day, because once the package was recieved I was to recieve the card within 7 to 10 business days.

I called the 866-815-7131 number several times for updates. All I ever got was that it was not final approved yet. The approval process depended on how good or bad the credit was.

I continued to call. On one of my calls back in June of 2004, I was told that the card had been finally approved, almost a year later and that it was in the mail. I should recieve within the week. I gave it two weeks before calling. However, I have no longer been able to reach anyone.

This number has been checked for trouble, which has been disconnected.

Lupe
Rockdale, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/31/2004 12:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/pacific-liberty-liberty-wide/alberta-ontario/pacific-liberty-liberty-wide-ripoff-guaranteed-a-credit-card-with-approval-of-either-10-106321. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content