Report: #201617

• Reported By: San Diego California
  • Palisades Collection
    210 Sylvan Ave.
    Englewood, New Jersey

Palisades Collection LLC Reported a collection to all 3 credit bureaus for a closed AT&T Wireless account, is a common occurrence with this company Englewood New Jersey

*Consumer Suggestion: Report this agency to Federal Trade Commission

I did have a legitimate account with AT&T Wireless 5 years ago. It did have an overdue amount that was sent to a legitimate collection agency at that time. I paid that amount off in entirely in 2002. This collection has now appeared on my report in 2006 from this Palisades company!

I had never received ANYTHING from Palisades about this debt. I saw this on my report from all 3 credit bureaus a couple of weeks ago. At that time I did an online dispute with all three bureaus. I just received a reply from Experian with an updated entry, but it is still on there.

A week ago, I received a collection letter from Palisades finally. I immediately wrote a reply letter with a copy of my payment confirmation from the other agency (I keep records of everything thank goodness) and told them that I was disputing the report with the credit bureaus.

I have seen from this website that this is a common occurrence with this company. The advice has been to send a debt validation (or something like that) by certified mail. Please tell me what EXACTLY that is and what to do to get it OFF my credit report. Because just a dispute with the credit bureau obviously did not work.

Janice
San Diego, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/18/2006 12:25 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/palisades-collection/englewood-new-jersey-07632/palisades-collection-llc-reported-a-collection-to-all-3-credit-bureaus-for-a-closed-att-w-201617. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Report this agency to Federal Trade Commission

AUTHOR: Anonymous - (U.S.A.)

web site is www.ftc.gov.