Complaint Review: Palisades Collections

Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey
    United States of America

Palisades Collections Scam Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey

*Consumer Comment: Welcome to the world sleazy debt collectors

I got a bill from them and they clame i owe a verizon bill to from 2003 I have never had a verzion bill I told them and also told them its my understanding

I checked my credet 3 days ago btw and it was not on there and when I told them that they said were trying to make sure it dose not get on your credet  rating.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/28/2012 01:18 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/palisades-collections/englewood-cliffs-new-jersey-07632/palisades-collections-scam-englewood-cliffs-new-jersey-948025. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Welcome to the world sleazy debt collectors

AUTHOR: Keith - (U.S.A.)

By the way, even if you did owe the money that date's more than likely beyond your states statute of limitations for collections. Ha, yea like Palisades reads the rule book for collections.

As you read the other reports here,  Palisades seems to specialize on collecting debts from phone companys - my phone company says they do whats called "fishing" they attempt to contact anyone & everyone with a similar name/number that they're -really- looking for, in hopes of hitting pay dirt.

Amazing how debt collectors can use such inaccurate info & chase after us even though we don't really owe the money. Believe there is some legislation in the works to curtail these jerks from doing this. Yep, an Assemblyman was recently harassed by a debt collector simply because he had the same name as the person that really owed the debt.

Some folks here have had good results from filing with their states Attorney General, here in California no such luck for me yet & I've filed a couple of times. And Palisades continues to call.