Report: #220513

• Reported By: Washington District of Columbia
  • Park Ave Electronics
    55 Walton St,
    Brooklyn, New York

S & P Electronics Sold used item, I returned twice, they claim that haven't received it second times and kept my money Brooklyn New York

I ordered Sony DAV-FX500 home theater system on July 19, 2006. At first I didn't pay attention to this fact but they never send me any email confirmatio/shipping info etc. (I had to specifically ask for the invoice to be sent)

The box arrived not in a good shape, but I assumed that was a shipper's problem. When I opend it it was clarely used unit (plus I found several parts missing later). I contaced them (or him, because there was just one guy answering a phone always). He refused to admit that the box they sent me was used but agreed to replace it (and even reimburse me for the shipment back bla bla).

He gave me the return address (same as on the box but different from the one they have on their website). Later I found out that at that address there is another shop, "capital audio". After couple theys he confirmed that they received it and promised to send a new one.

Again, without any emails of tracking no etc. they sent me something. And I was quite surprised to se EXACTLY the same box sent to me the second time. Of course he did not admit the fact and kept saying everything was fine, it was a brand new unit and didn't know what I was talking about.

I disputed the charges with my credit card company. Money was debidet back soon. I contacted the merchant again and ask them to take their merchandise back. He told me that he would order a ups pick-up. Of course no ups showed up.

From my card services I was told that the merchant was complaining that I keept their merchandise and refuse to pay, and they needed the prof that I returned it. I had to ship it again (of course on my expence) to the same address I sent it previously (and received twice), but again, that address is of Capital Audio.

So now my card is charged again because the merchant reported to Visa that he never received the box from me and that they have different billing address then I sent the box to.

Zurab
Washington, District of Columbia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/14/2006 09:18 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/park-ave-electronics/brooklyn-new-york-11206/s-p-electronics-sold-used-item-i-returned-twice-they-claim-that-havent-received-it-se-220513. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content