Complaint Review: Park West Galleries

• Updated: Mon, January 09, 2006
  • Reported By: Columbus Ohio
  • Park West Galleries

Southfield, Michigan

Approximately 23 years ago I purchased about 26 "collectible art pieces" from Park West Galleries . Later that year, I found out I had been scamed - the prints were not as explained, nor did they have the value as appraised by Park West. Basically, Park West leaves out details, misrepresents the real value, and in my case even approximated the increase in value I should expect in a greatly inflated manner.

I think everyone dealing with park West should beware - they play in the "gray areas of the law" and one of these days should be brought to account for their frasudulent practices. Perhaps, that is even why they are now using cruise ships because it's harder to prosecute because of them not being governed by a State Attorney General.

At the time I was naive and had more money than good sense - I've since learned a valuable lesson - only work with galleries/auction house with a good reputation and care about their good reputations. I do believe that if people begin to let cruise lines you'll no longer utilize their line because of the vendors ( Park West ) doing business on board then perhaps they will reconsider their relationship with park West. Put their venues out of their reach then we the consumer begin to win!!

James
Columbus, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/09/2006 11:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/park-west-galleries/southfield-michigan/park-west-galleries-are-in-my-opinion-complete-ripoff-scam-artists-southfield-michiganr-171135. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content