Complaint Review: Park West Gallery - Park West At Sea

• Reported By: Dorr Michigan
  • Park West Gallery - Park West At Sea
    29469 Northwestern
    Southfield, Michigan

I recently took my 10 cruise and have purchased from Parkwest Gallery on several occasions. Most art work you buy is shipped directly to you. On this cruise they had quite a few prints that were TO's or take offs. I found 2 that I liked and purchased them along with the ones that they were going to ship to me.

One was in pretty bad shape. The frame damaged and the matting dirty from all of the handling. I knew this when I bid and bid appropriately knowing that I would need to remat and frame it.The other was in great condition so I was willing to pay more for it.

I recieved the artwork in my cabin on the last day of the cruise as promised packaged for me to carry home. When I arrived home and opened the package I found that the Parkwest employee on the ship who packaged them taped the pictures face to face running the tape over the frame of the picture that was in great condition. As I removed the tape so I could hang the picture it took the gold paint off from the frame making it so I will now have to reframe it before I can hang it on my walls.

I called Parkwest today with my complaint and their answer was that I bought the artwork AS IS. I feel that I bought it in the condition it was in when purchased and that they should be responsible for the damage caused be their employee taping the frame.

If you buy any TO artwork on a cruise beware that you may not get the pictures in the condition you bought them.

Chris
Dorr, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/12/2007 08:55 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/park-west-gallery-park-west-at-sea/southfield-michigan-48034/park-west-gallery-park-west-at-sea-buyer-beware-when-purchasing-take-off-art-work-southf-238842. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content