Complaint Review: Parlor Live

• Parlor Live
    700 Bellevue Way NE. Suite 300, Bellevue, WA
    Bellevue, Washington
    United States of America

Parlor Live Parlor Live Comedy Club Ejected by intoxicated comedian, staff apologetic but management elusive and refused refund Bellevue, Washington

We recently attended a comedy show featuring Doug Benson; one of the women at my table has a medical condition that required her to make 2-3 trips to the restroom during his act (and trust me, she wasn't drawing attention to that fact!).

Doug Benson was incredibly intoxicated (ie: high, which is part of his shtick).  As he was bombing and his material falling flat, he decided he would attack our table as a sideline distraction: ie: reverse heckling!  When he lost the exchange, he demanded security remove us.

Security sheepishly escorted us out, much to the humiliation of some of those in my party.  Even the security guard apologized; he said he didn't think it was warranted, but they have to follow the wishes of the performer (even if stoned).  Our waittress also ran out to find us an apologize, stating she felt it extremely unfair and that the commedian was being an (expletive), and that she could not believe what had happened. [continued below]....

.....

I asked to see the General Manager in order to request a refund of our ticket prices (not food and beverages, just the tickets).  After a long wait I was told the GM does not deal directly with customers, and since he was the only one authorized to issue a refund, I was out of luck.

I feel that (a) the club should defend sober customers over performers intoxicated with illegal substances, and (b) in the event they can't even do that much, they should have refunded the ticket price.

It should be noted I specifically do not agree to any indemnication clauses in this websites terms, and the site should use this content at its own risk.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/16/2010 11:24 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/parlor-live/bellevue-washington-98004/parlor-live-parlor-live-comedy-club-ejected-by-intoxicated-comedian-staff-apologetic-but-631824. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content