Complaint Review: Patrick J. D'Arcy

• Reported By: Zach Gellar — Los Aneles California USA
    * **** ***** *** ****
    Irvine, California
    USA

Save yourself some time and trouble and listen to me.  This attorney is the most incompetent lawyer out there when it comes to Unlawful Detainer cases.  I have an apartment building with 12 units and have to evict people from time to time.  The lawyer I used to use for Unlawful Detainer cases retired and I needed someone new.  I cam across this attorney's website because he is in my area of Huntington Beach.  His prices seemed a bit higher for evictions than some of his competitors, but he is VERY good at self promotion so I went with him.  What a mistake!

First he took weeks to even get the case drafted and filed.  Once he finally filed the case it took him almost a month more to serve the case... the tenants living rent-free all the while.  Then he messed up and filed some sort of deficient documents that he had to do all over again and charged me for a second time.  After two and a half months with the deadbeat tenants literally laguhing at me in front of the other tenants at the complex ... "Hey, what's taking your ambulance chasing lawyer so long?" one shouted.  Then the real show started when I angrily called Patrick D'Arcy and asked for an update.  He dodged my calls for almost two week until I finally threatened to file a complaint with the California State Bar.  Patrick called back and asked for more money to complete the case.  Stupidly, I paid him another $1100.

Several weeks later, the case got thrown out AGAIN because Patrick filled out the paperwork wrong.  I was in Court that day to testify and watched the judge berate Mr. D'Arcy for doing it all wrong TWICE.  At that point I just went ahead and paid the tenants to leave, as it had been five months and it didn't look like they were ever going to go anywhere with Patrick J. D'Arcy as my lawyer.  Over $20,000 in lost rent and attorney fees.  Go elsewhere.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/27/2016 09:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/patrick-j-darcy/irvine-california-92614/patrick-j-darcy-patrick-j-darcy-a-professional-law-corporation-patrick-j-darcy-in-1302292. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
4Consumer
3Employee/Owner

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

FAKE REVIEW BY AN INTERNET TROLL

AUTHOR: Patrick D'Arcy - (USA)

"John" is just another in FAKE "review" about me.  You claimed I am an "incompetent" attorney.  That's defamation. These are internet trolls who like to post defamatory "reviews" with fake names and facts so as to harm my reputation.  These are persons I beat in court. They don't like me because of it.  I want to know your REAL IDENTITY, so I went to the trouble of suing you.  Now, I am seeking Ripoff Report's records - all of them - to find out who you are.  Subpoenas were issued in Maricopa Superior Court. Here's notice to you:

PLEASE TAKE NOTICE that PATRICK J. D’ARCY, AN INDIVIDUAL, AND PATRICK J. D’ARCY, A PROFESSIONAL LAW CORPORATION ("Plaintiffs") have initiated a defamation lawsuit in the Superior Court of the County of Orange, State of California, under case number 30-2017-00916754, before the Hon. James J. Di Cesare, at the Orange County Central Justice Center, Unlimited Civil Division, 700 Civic Center Drive, Santa Ana, CA 92701 ("the Action"), due to defamatory and libelous statements made about the Plaintiffs by "ZACH GELLAR” and as original author of Ripoff Report 1302292 and “JOHN” for an additional defamatory review.  In the Action, Plaintiffs seek to subpoena the records of Xcentric Ventures, LLC for your identifying contact information to be sent to PATRICK J. D’ARCY, APLC, at 1 Park Plaza, Suite 380, Irvine, CA 92614.  The firm’s phone number is (949) 988-7640, and its telecopier number is (949) 988-7641, or via email at: pat@patricklaw.net.  Plaintiffs will serve a subpoena on Xcentric Ventures, LLC, the company that owns and operates this website, to reveal your identities, in addition to others. You may have a right to file and serve a response to the subpoena anonymously. If you intend to file and serve a response, please do so, or notify us of your intent to do so, on or before SEPTEMBER 04, 2017, which is approximately one week before Ripoff Report or its agent will produce the subpoenaed information.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

NEVER A CLIENT OF MINE - FAKE REVIEW

AUTHOR: Patrick D'Arcy - (USA)

"Zach Gellar" was NEVER a client of mine.  This entire review is FAKE.  Even the name of the review is fake. These are internet trolls who like to post defamatory "reviews" with fake names and facts so as to harm my reputation.  These are persons I beat in court. They don't like me because of it.  I want to know your REAL IDENTITY, so I went to the trouble of suing you.  Now, I am seeking Ripoff Report's records - all of them - to find out who you are.  Subpoenas were issued in Maricopa Superior Court. Here's notice to you:

Pat D'Arcy is HONEST and EFFECTIVE

AUTHOR: Joan - (USA)

Pat D'Arcy is a fantastic attorney and will not let you down. The recent reviews on the internet that are trying to hurt Pat's reputation are fake reviews that were cleverly created by two angry people that Pat successfully evicted from the home of my friend. I had recommended Pat D'Arcy to my friend because of the ethical, loyal, professional and knowledgable way he conducts himself. After Pat was successful in representing my friend and had the deadbeat people removed from the house, the storm of false accusations on the internet began. The false reviews are the sad result of Pat doing a great job of evicting people that would not vacate my friend's house without a horrendous fight. After they lost the fight, they went to the internet to try to destroy Mr. D'Arcy's reputation. Please don't be fooled by their evil antics!!! Patrick D'Arcy Law Offices deserves 5 stars!!!!!

#4 General Comment

Internet slander and defamation

AUTHOR: henri baccouche - (USA)

I know Mr. Patrick D'Arcy to be a champion for justice, hard working, engaged, serious litigator with a distinguished career.

Unfortunately, any unemployed sign waving clown with nothing else to do can post Internet slander and defamation today. Any disparaging remarks about Mr D'Arcy are merely the sour grapes of some defendants who lost badly to Mr D'Arcy's in court. Count yourself fortunate, with Mr. D'Arcy in your legal corner.

#5 General Comment

Incompetent Attorney

AUTHOR: John - (U.S.A.)

I have never been represented by Mr. D'Arcy, however I found his web page when reasearching the excellent non-profit "BASTA" that represented me in my case... and won for what it's worth.  Mr. D'Arcy seems to really dislike BASTA and rants about them on his his web page (in third person no less).  Based on that, here's my oppinion on Attorney Patrick J. D'Arcy.

His website is oc-attorney.com with the title "Patrick J. D'arcy - A Professional Law Corporation" and states that his practice includes Real Estate Law, Backruptcy Law, Criminal Defense Law, and Business Litigation.  What that tells me is this guy isn't good enough at anything to specalize, and that he's so desperate for work he'll take anything he can get.  If you're good at something, you specalize.

His obsession with BASTA is hard to understand... I asked about Patrick J. D'Arcy at BASTA and they didn't even remember him at first.  He thinks he's a big deal, no one else seems to.  Then they laughed.  He's sort of a joke there.

If you wonder WHY Patrick J. D'Arcy is considered a joke at BASTA, I encourage you to read his own website oc-attorney.com  It reads more like the ravings of a crazy person than an attorney.  As I mentioned previusly, he writes about himself in third person, which is often a sign of mental illness, and brags that LA Weekly wanted to interview him for their article about BASTA but he "refused".  Oh sure Patrick D'Arcy, you turned down press... because you're so modest?  This guys is desperate for attention.  And not only that, his writting is pretty bad.  But I guess that's what you'd expect from Cal State Northridge.

As of this writting BASTA had over 48 positive Yelp reviews from happy clients... and Patrick J. D'Arcy has zero. He's disproportionately represented here on RipOff Report though...  Decide for yourself what that means.

#6 REBUTTAL Owner of company

FAKE REVIEW

AUTHOR: Patrick D'Arcy - (USA)

I am being trolled by an evicted tenant (or one of their friends) seeking revenge with fake reviews, which other websites have taken down.  This "review" by "Zach" is a complete hoax: I do not have a client by that name, and no judge just tosses eviction cases as this troll suggests.  If the paperwork is filled out "wrong," it would be rejected by the Clerk, not the judge. No judge has "berated" me in front of a client, let alone twice.  No client has taken me before the State Bar.

I do not "chase ambulances" (a derogatory term used for personal injury lawyers who solicit clients in hospitals-an area of law I don't even advertise).  You can visit my website and see my winning record.

I will sue you for defamation.   I look forward to getting you into a courtroom so that I can post a true review about you.

Patrick D’Arcy is excellent!

AUTHOR: Carol - (USA)

Patrick D’Arcy represented us in a difficult case and is the most ethical and intelligent and cooperative person to work with.  I hold him in very high esteem.  He helped us evict a very difficult tenant from one of our properties, and prevailed despite all of the tricks used by the tenant to stall the eviction. He negotiated an agreement between us and the tenant which got the matter resolved. He filed motions to take her deposition, hit her with about 30 pages of discovery questions, filed a motion to force her to give us the ability to inspect, and then got a judgment for all of the back rent, which was considerable.

I believe the unfavorable review, on this website, of Patrick was written by a tenant that Patrick helped evict. Of course they would want to harm his reputation and would fabricate a lie to do so.

I highly recommend Patrick when you need help!