Complaint Review: PC Planet 247

• Reported By: Misty — Memphis Tennessee United States of America
  • PC Planet 247

Internet
    United States of America

PC Planet 247 PC Planet Technologies Fake company uses scare tactics for computer support, Internet

I thought I had a problem with my McAfee anti-virus.  I googled McAfee and the quickly pulled a phone number off the page to call.  Unknowingly, I called PCPlanet247 or PCPlanet Technologies, they used both names in our interaction. When they answered using the name PCPlanet247, I asked them if this was McAfee.  They said that yes, they work for McAfee and that most likely because of the volume of calls, I had been directed to them.  This is not true and a misrepresentation of the company's relationship to McAfee.

What happened over the next couple of hours is similar to other reports on ROR.  He mislead me about the problems with my computer, then charged me an exorbitant fee to fix it and protect it.  The service was completely unnecessary, and did not improve the performance of my machine.  He also claimed to put some super fancy network protection on, but was unable to explain how it worked or show me where on the computer it was running from.  Apparently it was so new, I would not be able to get any info about it from Sysco.

At the time I am writing this, I believe that PCPlanet Technologies or PC Planet 247 is a fraudulent company because they have been unable to provide any evidence to date to prove otherwise.  They intentionally provided me false information about their association with McAfee and my computer issue.  They have not provided the service they claimed to be providing such as the network protection.  They then withdrew money from my account under a different company name.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/22/2012 05:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/pc-planet-247/internet/pc-planet-247-pc-planet-technologies-fake-company-uses-scare-tactics-for-computer-support-958478. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content