Complaint Review: Peace and Play Preschool

• Peace and Play Preschool
    3075 SW Port St Lucie Blvd
    port st lucie , Florida
    USA

Peace and Play Preschool Peace and Play= Nasty vindictive Owner port st lucie Florida

This is a hole in the wall daycare center. From day one I had a bad feeling when I met the owner Christina Marsh but we were in a pinch to find a daycare with an infant room. In our first interaction she was very dismissive, rude and short answered to many of our questions. It seemed we were inconveniencing her.

The first issue was the cleanliness of the infant room; the newborn refrigerator had mold on the inside seal, we brought it to her attention she said she would clean it. A few days later when wife was dropping the newborn off, the mold still was not cleaned and we made her aware again and it was still not cleaned. This daycare makes my child’s infants bottle, which I know is a DCF violation. They didn’t have enough infants so they put my infant with the one year olds which is another DCF violation. Second, our 2-year-old had one or two incidents with biting when he was teething at the last daycare but had not had one in 6 months, when he first got to the new daycare he was uncomfortable and had a biting incident and was biting himself, instead of dealing with the behavior, she threatened to kick him out and blamed us (the parents) for the behavior. We did come up with a solution but the whole way the situation was handled rubbed us the wrong way.

When my son would come home, we would discover multiple bruises on his shins or scratch marks and there would be no incident reports on what had happened. When we questioned it, they reported that all the kids bruise themselves on the ladder on the slide and nothing was done. They put my 2-year-old son in a class with 4 and 5-year-old children, which is another DCF violation.

Over the next three months we noticed Christina became more and more rude, mean and ugly to everyone including ourselves. There were multiple incidents where Christina was yelling at children. Christina has her 13-year-old son working there all day who is home schooled at the daycare, some of the things he would say were weird and having this kid watch over young children seems inappropriate. Over the past 3 months they have gone through multiple employees and we never knew who would be watching over our children. They never have enough staff and end up putting all the children in the same room on multiple occasion.

When we finally decided to leave she gave us problems with taking our children out. Christina Marsh has an arrest record on 3/12/2014 in Port St Lucie for giving alcoholic beverages to persons under 21. Overall I tried to give this place the benefit of the doubt because we were in desperate need for a daycare but I wish I had not.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/08/2017 12:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/peace-and-play-preschool/port-st-lucie-florida-34953/peace-and-play-preschool-peace-and-play-nasty-vindictive-owner-port-st-lucie-florida-1360562. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content