Complaint Review:

• Updated: Tue, October 25, 2016

• Reported By: William — Nanuet New York USA
Pearl River Transmission
40 W. Washington ave Pearl River, New York USA

Pearl River Transmission AAMCO Transmission Performed Unauthorized Repairs Pearl River New York

*Author of original report: The shop is under new and better management

*Author of original report: I spoke too soon

*Author of original report: The matter was resolved

REBUTTAL BOX™ | Respond to this Report! | Consumer Comment

Corporate Advocacy Program

Set the record straight:
Arbitration Program

On September 8, 2016 I brought my car to AAMCO Transmission D/B/A Pearl River Transmission because I was having trouble shifting. I receive a phone call from the owner Chris telling me that he received two error codes and needed to do a Multipoint inspection.

When I asked how much, he said no charge. Not at any time did I authorize him taking apart my transmission. Several days later I get a phone call from Chris telling me that I needed a transmission. I said no and that I would be down to get the car. His response was " Oh I thought you knew I was taking apart the transmission". You didn't need to take apart the transmisson on a car that was nineteen years old with high mileage to figure out that the car needed a transmission.

A first year student at BOCES could have told me that I needed a transmission. I'm then told that it would cost the same for a transmission as it would to put the transmission back together. Being caught between a rock and a hard place I agreed to have a transmission installed. I later find out that it was used, not rebuilt.

This is a dishonset, despicable repair shop. At the present time this business is under investigation by two New York State agencys and the Better Business Bureau.

I did file a complaint with AAMCO corporate headquarters. They weren't too concerned.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/25/2016 04:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/pearl-river-transmission/pearl-river-new-york-10965/pearl-river-transmission-aamco-transmission-performed-unauthorized-repairs-pearl-river-ne-1335041. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Pearl River Transmission

The shop is under new and better management

AUTHOR: - ()

Chris the old owner of Pearl River Transmission sold the shop.

I spoke too soon

AUTHOR: - ()

I did state that the matter was resolved. I spoke too soon. On February 3, 2017, I received an e mail informing me that I missed a payment. Now the company that proved me the money to repair the transmission wants $ 803.00 for a leased transmission. I never leased a transmission

Do not ever use this repair shop.

The matter was resolved

AUTHOR: - ()

The issues and the problems I had with this repair shop have been resolved to my satisfaction