Complaint Review: Pearson Hyundai

• Pearson Hyundai
    9530 Midlothian Turnpike
    Richmond, Virginia
    USA

Pearson Hyundai Lowball appraisal for trade in then asks customer to shop elsewhere Richmond Virginia

*Consumer Comment: Please Tell Us, Where Is The Swindle? How Much Did You Loose?

I was looking to trade in my 2007 GMC Yukon (new 42,000, kbb value 17000) to buy a 2013 Hyundai Tucson Limited fully loaded (32,000). I got an appraisal the day before at Midlothian, VA Carmax which came out to $17,500. I wasn't expecting a higher appaisal, but felt it was easier to trade the car in and buy the new car at the dealership. Ths, I asked for an appraisal and my saleman, Marty, took the car back.

To my surprise, the price they came up with was $8000. Not even half of what carmax offered. I was given the reason that 1)tires were worn /needed replacing 2) there was an accidental report (fender bender, not my fault) and that $8000 was a reasonable price. When I showed my carmax offer, the dealer was shocked and went back to "straighten out the mistake." He came back with the excuse that the appraiser thought my car was an GMC Arcadia and that they would match Carmax's price.

However, he went back and got a manager, Don, who told me that they could not give me that offer. He also questioned my intention of buying a car and asked if I was going to pay full retail price. I replied that I was going to finance the purchase. Asking these questions gave me a feeling that they wanted me to go away and I was right when Don came back to say that since I was going to shop around anyway, he was going to give me the lowest price plus $400 dollars off of what the competitors would give me.

Since I live 10 minutes away from the dealership, I decided to give Pearson Hyundai a try. Now, I have told my family and friends that this dealership is full of dishonest people who try to swindle people out of their money.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/29/2013 05:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/pearson-hyundai/richmond-virginia-23235/pearson-hyundai-lowball-appraisal-for-trade-in-then-asks-customer-to-shop-elsewhere-richm-1063167. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Please Tell Us, Where Is The Swindle? How Much Did You Loose?

AUTHOR: Jim - ()

What's the problem here?  One dealer gave you one figure, another dealer gives you another.  You accept the deal which you like.  Where's the swindle?  How much money did you loose when you left WITHOUT buying the car?  No, I don't work for them.