Complaint Review: pep boys

• Reported By: Jeff — Georgia USA
  • pep boys

USA

pep boys Too high an estimate Austelll Georgia

After my long term mechanic closed his business, I had been thinking of what company to use when we needed repairs.

So when my starter went out, I took it to Pep Boys-which was less than 2 mile from home, for a repair. I also wanted them to fix my air conditioner.

I was quoted over $800 for the starter and 700 for the AC. I went online to check the price of a starter and thought I would be getting ripped off if I agreed to the repairs.

I then called back and told the service guy to hold off on any repair. They charged me a diagnositc fee for both the starter and AC. These proces were discussed in advance: I did not mind that as that was the price I paid to realize that Pep Boys would not be my next repair shop.

Another repair shop fixed both the starter and AC for about $818. I found a repair home with them.

I was very disappointed in Pep Boys.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/28/2016 03:28 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/pep-boys/-/pep-boys-too-high-an-estimate-austelll-georgia-1340262. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content