Complaint Review: Pep Boys

• Pep Boys
    2633 East Tremont Ave
    Bronx, New York
    United States of America

Pep Boys They tried to get me under the books and then tried to say that a part that they had broken was already broken. Bronx, New York

Where do I begin? I get to Pep Boys and a man named Nate quoted me $98.16 just to change out the Thermostat and Gasket. I agreed, so he asked me for the keys and told me to go to the back (something they had never asked me to do). So I go through the back where the cars are being serviced and they go to the parking lot and check out my car. I told them to check to see if I overfilled my antifreeze and they said they would check it out. On the way back to where cars are being serviced, Nate stopped me and asked if I wanted them to take care of it off Pep Boys books for $80, I agreed. About twenty minutes to a half hour later they called me back into the service area and tell me that Im leaking antifreeze and tried to tell me that it was leaking antifreeze the entire time. I told them it wasn't leaking antifreeze ever. One of the maintenance guys broke the Coolant inlet fitting that secures the thermostat in place and tried to say it was already like that. I at this point felt like I was being ripped off because Im a female and they tried to get paid under the books and pocket the money. So this was 01/23/2012 that I took my car in to Pep boys.

So for the following days, the 24th, 25th, 26th, 27th they were ordering a thermostat housing- a part I didn't even need. When it arrived everytime to Pep Boys they had to return it because it was the worng part. You would think that after the first time it arrived as the wrong part they would check to see if they were ordering the wrong part, but no they did not. So It wasn't until yesterday the 27th in which they actually informed me that they were ordering the wrong part the entire time. It is the 28th today and I still dont have my car. Someone help me!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/28/2012 09:19 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/pep-boys/bronx-new-york-10461/pep-boys-they-tried-to-get-me-under-the-books-and-then-tried-to-say-that-a-part-that-they-830172. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content