Complaint Review: Pep Boys

• Pep Boys

Hazlet, New Jersey
    USA

Pep Boys Dishonest manager, rip off Hazlet New Jersey

I have been a Pep Boys customer for years and am usually happy with the service. Two days ago, I brought my car to the shop to have my rear tire plugged. I was told the wait would be about an hour and they would call me when they were done. I never received a phone call.
I called back the next day and asked for an update on the tire. I spoke with Ed who told me that they were not able to plug the tire and I would either need 4 new tires or I could just get that one tire replaced. I also asked why I was never called the day before. Instead of being professional and just apologizing for the oversight, he laughed and asked what cell service carrier I had.

The 4 new tires were estimated to cost about $980.00. He stated he would take off $20 for no one calling me. My tires were put on less than a year ago and they were still in very good condition. So, I asked him about the second option to order a matching tire. He stated he had never heard of the brand of tires I had on the car and didn't know where he could find them from, so I should just buy the 4 new tires. He offered to waive a roadside hazard fee which brought the price down to $860.

I knew I didn't need 4 new tires, so I took the car to a different mechanic. He also told me that 4 new tires were completely unnecessary and he was able to plug the tire. When I told him what Ed at Pep Boys tried to convince me to do and how much much he tried to convince me to spend, this mechanic was speechless and both of us could not believe how dishonest this establishment is.

I will no longer be a customer and will make sure my friends and family know how much Ed and the Hazlet store will try to rip you off. Completely disgusted with the service.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/06/2016 12:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/pep-boys/hazlet-new-jersey/pep-boys-dishonest-manager-rip-off-hazlet-new-jersey-1278393. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content