Complaint Review: Pepboys Auto

• Pepboys Auto
    3111 West Allegheny Ave
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Pepboys Auto False rebate claims Philadelphia Pennsylvania

I bought a set of 4 Futura LTE tires from the 321 Hutton Lane store (0391) in Virginia Beach, VA. on 12-5-2007. Got a mail in rebate card for $50.00 at the store. Mailed it in on 12-6-2007 and Pepboys acknowledges they received it on 12-17-2007 as per their website. On 2-10-2008 I received an email stating my rebate had been processed and would arrive in two weeks. I called the rebate center 1-888-829-1420 (in India) on 2-25-2008 and was told my rebate was mailed on 2-23-2008. I called on 2-27-2008 and was told my rebate was mailed on 2-25-2008 and I called once again on 2-29-2008 and was told my rebate was mailed on 2-27-2008. I called the Pepboys main office on 2-29-2008 was was told they could careless about my rebate as that was not their department. Today I spoke with someone who is "suppose" to be in charge of the rebates (Caren Boettcher @ 952-294-6139) and she is as deceptive as the persons in India. I have now turned this matter over to the Federal Trade Commission as well as the North Carolina Consumer Protection Agency.

Had I read ripoffreport prior to visiting pepboys I would have never gone to this deceitful and lying company. If you read this and do business with Pepboys you deserve what you get !

Ray
Hertford, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/05/2008 03:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/pepboys-auto/philadelphia-pennsylvania-19132/pepboys-auto-false-rebate-claims-philadelphia-pennsylvania-315078. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content