Complaint Review: Performan Recovery

• Performan Recovery
    333 N Canyons Pkwy Ste 100
    Livermore, California
    USA

Performan Recovery Garnish checks and refusal to send stop-garnish letter when stipulations are met Livermore California

I was garnished by two student loan companies, which was no one's fault but my own. I contacted Department of Education and made my 5 payments in order for the garnish to end.

I did not know Performant was also garnishing me until the first companies garnish ended and there was still a garnish on my paycheck and I reached out to my payroll department to get the info due to not receiving any correspondence from Performant. I made my 5 payments, my 5th being on Aug 22nd so my paycheck on Sept 1st would not be garnished.

I was instructed by the billing department it takes "2-3 days for the system to register that I made my payment and I can call back 8/28 to verify it had gone through and get the letter sent to my payroll to end garnishment".

I made the phone call on 8/28 and was informed everything is cleared and they would fax the letter. Upon emailing my payroll department on 8/29, NO FAX had been sent from Performant. I called Performant who stated there were "no notes in the system and it would have to be looked into and I could call back Wednesday or Thursday" which is conveniently too late for my paycheck on 9/1 to not be garnished.

I did EVERYTHING on my end including dealing with bills through my garnishment AND making an extra mandatory payment for 5 months to end this garnishment and now they are giving me the run around when I am trying to keep my hard earned money.

I have called a dozen times since and keep being transferred to extensions and getting voicemails. No one will speak to me to get this handled

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/29/2017 10:23 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/performan-recovery/livermore-california/performan-recovery-garnish-checks-and-refusal-to-send-stop-garnish-letter-when-stipulatio-1396446. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content