Complaint Review: Performance Teknique

• Performance Teknique

Internet
    USA

Performance Teknique CBM-3 Digital Power Capacitor exploded! Internet

I bought 2 of these capacitors from Sound Image Car Audio in Stockton, CA.  Previously, this capacitor and an amplifier was installed in another vehicle I no longer own.  I recently had the same amplifier and this capacitor installed in my sons vehicle.   I have not had any problems with any of the audio system until, for some unknown reason this capacitor exploded in the rear compartment of his Isuzu Rodeo.

The only difference was my son drives the Isuzu more often than the previous vehicle and for longer periods of time.  Both times the audio equipment was installed by the same people and used identical wiring and equipment. [continued below]....

.....

Luckily, my younger children were not in this vehicle during this time.  He explains the sound resembling a loud gun shot followed by a lot of smoke.  I have pictures of the debri inside the vehicle.  He had to pull over and cut the wires for the smoke to stop and allow the vehicle to clear.

The capacitor itself is in a few pieces and also took pictures of this as well.  I did not consider an explosion of this product would be what I would get when I purchased this item.

I do not understand why this happened but i do believe this is a major health and safety hazard.  Especially considering there is three small children that require car seats that are in the middle seat(closer to the explosion)in the vehicle at times.

I will not be purchasing any of these products.  I urge anyone, especially people with children, to consider a better product.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/17/2017 03:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/performance-teknique/internet/performance-teknique-cbm-3-digital-power-capacitor-exploded-internet-1368130. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content