Complaint Review: peter alvarez

• Reported By: patrick — phoenix Arizona
  • peter alvarez

phoenix, Arizona
    United States of America

peter alvarez Pete alvarez all about pools az allaboutpoolsarizona.com scam. ripoff. does not deliver products services paid for phoenix, Arizona

*Consumer Comment: Beware! Peter Alvarez is a thief!

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Totally inappropriate

I contacted Mr. Peter alvarez to provide an estimate for the replacement of one of my spa pumps. His quote was a little higher than another I received, but I decided to go with him because of his 1 year warranty on parts and labor and he seemed like a good guy...big mistake.

3 days and $587 later I have a spa motor from him that I'm not even sure works and a shorted out main control unit. Additionally, he never delivered the spa treatment chemicals I paid him $60 for.

I strongly suspect it was his lack of knowledge that caused the electrical issues as everything was working fine prior to him going through the whole electrical system for 4 hours because of a PH reading he did not like.

He promised to come back the next day to properly diagnose the issue that never existed prior to his tinkering...he never showed up. I texted him to inquire if he was running late. He responded with absolute gibberish. My favorite line being " dum dum bubblegum".

Needless to say, the text concerned me as I already had doubts about his professional qualifications by this point. I called him. Initially he said he was Peters brother and then admitted to being mr. Pete alvarez. When I asked him again if he intended to come out as he promised he responded... "we are playing games now. We are playing games now. I will call you back later" at which point he hung up the phone. I have been unable to reach him since.

I'm resiged to the fact that I'm never going to see the money again and that a repair that should have only cost $400 will now cost me well over a thousand. I've contacted the BBB and my attorney and I will pursue him to the full extent of the law.

If you are reading this after receiving an estimate, please just write the cost of the estimate off. Rhe guy is very personable, but completely dishonest, unprofessional and not qualified to work on anything other than a kid pool.

Buyer beware.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/20/2013 06:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/peter-alvarez/phoenix-arizona-85032/peter-alvarez-pete-alvarez-all-about-pools-az-allaboutpoolsarizonacom-scam-ripoff-does-1036539. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
1Employee/Owner

Beware! Peter Alvarez is a thief!

AUTHOR: terri.z - ()

The owner of this company "Peter Alvarez"  aka Pete Alvarez and Pedro Alvarez scammed numerous people in Phoenix and has now moved onto scamming people in Miami.  He has opened another company, Miami Pool and Spa Repair and has scammed at least 3 people including myself, that I know of.  His rap sheet includes nearly 60 arrests!  Do not hire him!

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Totally inappropriate

AUTHOR: Mistaken4now - ()

Mr.Tom. , not to mention names and who I treated with the utmost respect and Provided a overall, "go out of my way" service for the simple reason that he was in Arizona and from Florida as I am was my oversight in the fact that I for starters had spoken to him several times over the course of the week of the repair , I got a call from him to set an appointment for a service call . I got to sit. He was not at home but roommates were. I was told that there had been another company over who had diagnosed the hot tub and determined that it was 1 of the motor that had locked up. I then was going to double check when it was mentioned that spa had sat for over a year . I the also determined that motor needed replacement but also the wetend ( pump ) needed to be replaced along with the impellor of pump. I also for warned that that I hadn't gotten power on right side power supply of board but was able to power up new installed pump and motor once installed. He (Tom) wasn't there yet when I installed. He got home later that evening around 5:30pm which i had arrived at around noon well i stayed till around almost seven that evening waived 4.5 hrs of troubleshooting Labor which i charge $85.00 hr . Then told him he had a bad short somewhere in the board and said that the most I could do for him was stop by at my convenience and see if there was anything I could do for him. At that point he paid me the balance we shakes hand and i said I'd call as soon as i had free time in that part of town.