Complaint Review: PETLAND

• PETLAND
    7358 N CHERRY VALE MALL DR
    Internet
    United States of America

PETLAND They sold me a dog with gentic issues and they told me to pay vet bills and then they would pay half back to me as it states in there legal binding contract but no funds were paid back, Internet

I bought a english bulldog from petland and paid 2500 just for the puppy. While my bulldog was growing to a adult size we started noticing she had a little limp on one of her legs and long story short the limp got so bad she couldnt walk, before it got to the point she couldnt walk , I took her to my vet and they said she would have to have surgery on her knee and it was gentic and she was born like this, and vet told us it wasnt a problem at first because she was a puppy.

So then I contacted petland and told them what was going on with the dog I bought a year prior, and the owner told me I would have to take my bulldog to one of his two vets in the area, so we did just that.  And his vet told me the same thing that my vet did, that my dog was born with issue and it was gentic. So my dog had to have surgery asap, so I contacted petland once again and the owner said he was contacting the breeder and had to talked to his vet, before he would pay for 50% of the surgery, which is stated in the contract when i bought dog.

Which I do still have all contracts and paperwork and receipt. So he said he would get back to me in a few days, well this went on for over a month. Finally he told me to pay for the surgery and bring receipt to him and he would pay the 50%. Well I did just that, and he wasnt at store when I dropped of receipt, well I waited a few days and didnt here back from him, so I have left messages for him to return my calls and cant get ahold of him nor will return my calls.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/24/2012 04:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/petland/internet/petland-they-sold-me-a-dog-with-gentic-issues-and-they-told-me-to-pay-vet-bills-and-then-932210. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content