Complaint Review: Phantom Paint and Custom

10210 Willis Rd
    Foley, Alabama
    USA

Phantom Paint and Custom What was their hourly shop rate??? Foley Alabama

Back during early 2008 I had taken my high school car (a 1966 Mustang convertible) to Ken Wheeler of Phantom Paint and Custom. Note: the car had been completely disassembled prior to him taking it for a full restoration. Over the course of the next few months we had spoken on the phone for updates on the progress of the work done/to be done.

Periodically, I would get a call that "the money was about to run out" and he would need another advance payment of approxmimately $6,000 per check. In all, Ken Wheeler had collected a total of $32, 000 from me. Looking back on it, the phonecalls became more infrequent and finally I was informed that the money had run out due to work completed and materials purchased.

Subsequently, realizing I was left with basically what I started with, a request on several occasions for submission of an account of expenses went unanswered. Needless to say I never heard from him again. In summary, I did get the car and parts returned. I'm no auto restoration expert but I'd say that me being overcharged is an understatement.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/27/2014 09:57 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/phantom-paint-and-custom/foley-alabama-36081/phantom-paint-and-custom-what-was-their-hourly-shop-rate-foley-alabama-1172664. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content