Complaint Review: Pimsleur Approach

United States of America
  • Phone: 1-877-8025283
  • Web:
  • Category: Language

Pimsleur Approach Internet Order LLC rip-off, bait and switch, Southampton, Pennsylvania

I am old enough to know better! When I was a kid, there was a record company that told you they would give you 10 records for a penny apiece. Then after you signed up, they started sending one a month, at their regular rip-off prices. It was hard to get them to stop. Everyone knew about this scam. Well, its back, and now it's Pimsleur Approach!

I thought for $9.95, why not try to learn a new language? So I ordered it. It was fun!.. until the 30 days passed, and they sent me another set of disks. No bill. It just said "Free Trial". I decided to call to see how much this "free" trial was going to cost me. The man said that it was going to be 'four easy payments of only $64.95!' Wow! Not quite what I thought I was getting into for $9.95. They didn't say anything about signing up for a 'program' when I placed my $9.95 order.

Thankfully I caught it quickly enough and told the rep that I wanted to return the disks. Also thankfully, he didn't give me any trouble in canceling, although when I said I wanted to cancel, he said, "let me ask you, why did you want to start this in the first place?" I said, "Let's not start with questions. I just need to cancel". He was nice enough, and within 10 minutes, I was off the phone. But I should have known better. Will I ever learn that if it sounds too good to be true.....?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/28/2013 01:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/pimsleur-approach/southampton-pennsylvania-19154/pimsleur-approach-internet-order-llc-rip-off-bait-and-switch-southampton-pennsylvania-1004872. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content